News   Apr 24, 2024
 94     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 407     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 445     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

A poster on FB reported a TTC tram passing eastwards thru Sudbury on CP last night.

I have lost track - were any TTC cars other than the two “sewer rats” still at Thunder Bay? Might this be one of those?

- Paul
NO. Only 4471 & 4478 are in Thunder Bay. Unless this is a test model for 4604-4664 which is too early, we may see one of the rats next week. Then, it could been a Metrolinx car since they look the same other than the paint

As a note, 4433 was off loaded on Monday after 78 days being off site with 4451 taking its spot on the flat.

NO. Only 4471 & 4478 are in Thunder Bay. Unless this is a test model for 4604-4664 which is too early, we may see one of the rats next week. Then, it could been a Metrolinx car since they look the same other than the paint

As a note, 4433 was off loaded on Monday after 78 days being off site with 4451 taking its spot on the flat.
PS - Someone took a picture, it turns out it was a Crosstown tram.
Apologies for the false alarm.

- Paul

Apologies for the false alarm.

- Paul
That ok...................A Metrolinx car was the first thing that came to my mind as I don't expect to see 4471 or 4478 until late 2022 as next generation of cars for 4604-4664 that will see changes from the current ones. Then, we may see 2 new cars to replace the current ones.

Only ML cars are coming from Thunder Bay these days to meet ML deadline before back charges kick in unlike TTC.

I'd think to most people, there's not much difference between a TTC LRV operated and owned by TTC, and the very similar model Metrolinx LRV operated by TTC with a TTC logo on it!

I'd think to most people, there's not much difference between a TTC LRV operated and owned by TTC, and the very similar model Metrolinx LRV operated by TTC with a TTC logo on it!
ML is grey while TTC is red, otherwise no different to the average person if then.

When Finch and Hurontario lines come on line, most folks will still think the longer cars are TTC regardless the colour.

4453 reenter service on 512 yesterday and is on 509 now. Car was off loaded Nov 16.

Next car to arrive at Hillcrest is 4441 currently 74 off site with 4443 right behind it. Depending on CP and CN, 4441 maybe here next week or after Christmas if turn around being less than 90 days..

13 more cars to be ship and with luck, all back by the summer to close out the rewelding issue.

For comparison...

Again, it shows how far we are behind Europe and the equipment found over there.

Given I only had 8 hours in Budapest, was impress with the system. Down side, never got the chance to do inside shooting of the 50 m version of this tram as it was crush load every time I got it.

The inside is a lot better than TTC cars and about the same as the Stadler tram I rode in the UK that set the benchmark for me and the rest of my trip.

Alstom and BBD rank below other manufactures with Stadler at the top.

Try running one of these cars on Toronto Streets would be a nightmare for traffic

Again, it shows how far we are behind Europe and the equipment found over there.

Given I only had 8 hours in Budapest, was impress with the system. Down side, never got the chance to do inside shooting of the 50 m version of this tram as it was crush load every time I got it.

The inside is a lot better than TTC cars and about the same as the Stadler tram I rode in the UK that set the benchmark for me and the rest of my trip.

Alstom and BBD rank below other manufactures with Stadler at the top.

Try running one of these cars on Toronto Streets would be a nightmare for traffic
Oh the poor single-occupant automobile. It is the single-occupant automobile that is the main cause for traffic congestion.

Oh the poor single-occupant automobile. It is the single-occupant automobile that is the main cause for traffic congestion.
The poor cars are a good thing, but these cars can cause the pedestrians from crossing at intersection due to the length. Single driver cars cause more traffic jam with turns as well delaying transit.

Seeing them in videos is one thing, but seeing them in person is another where the true length is seen

4432 has reenter service on 504 after arriving November 24

4436 out testing on 509 at this time

4448 is sitting in Lambton yard for delivery that was loaded Nov 4

ML 6217 has be shipped back to them for service.

Last edited:
The poor cars are a good thing, but these cars can cause the pedestrians from crossing at intersection due to the length. Single driver cars cause more traffic jam with turns as well delaying transit.

Seeing them in videos is one thing, but seeing them in person is another where the true length is seen
The Alstoms in Dublin have issues crossing the River at O’Connell Bridge without blocking crossing on the adjacent quays

4442 has reenter service on 512 after being off loaded Nov 30.

This leaves 4433 being ready to return to service after being off loaded Dec 13

Don't know if CP has drop off 4448? at Hillcrest yet or have any other cars shown up at Lambton for TTC.

4433 reenter service on Jan 19 on 503 after arriving Dec 13. It currently tracking on King as a dot, not an arrow and not showing trip logs for the trips it has done so far. Was tacking Wed as a dot every time I saw it.

Sad that it taken 19 day to get 4433 off loaded after it arrived at Lambton.

Must be a few more cars now in Lambton yard to be off loaded next week, especially 4441 at 107 days.

4454 has taken 4441 spot on the flat.

Poor 4448 is still sitting in Lambton Yard after arriving Dec 27 only to have cars arriving after it being off loaded first. 4448 was loaded 90 days ago.

4445 only that only arrived in Lambton last week was off loaded yesterday after 78 days. Currently doing break testing and should be at Leslie this afternoon.

4441 arrived early January that should have arrived before 4448 as it is currently 120 days since being loaded onto the flat.

4455 has taken 4445 spot on the flat for QC. This leaves 11 more cars to be ship for repairs and will be down to 9 once the other 2 cars are off loaded.

We should see 4447 next week if doing the 70+ days turn around follow by 4449 a week later. Could see 4451 by the end of the month.

At current rate, all cars that need fixing will be back on TTC property by Sept, other than 4471 and 4478.

We should see 4471 and 4478 early 2023 as a protype for 4604-4464 that will start to arrive late 2023.

Back