News   Jul 24, 2024
 525     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 510     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 420     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

One name for TTC streetcars should be named after the best mayor of Toronto all-time and as well as best chair of TTC. Other individual benefactors of TTC could work out as well.

Other names suggested:

Red Worm

Spaghetti

Lady Bug (in reference to recent news about Lufthansa nicknaming the superjumbo Airbus A380).

Hopefully they won't be red (or all red).
Red makes people agitated or angry.
Not a good colour for ransit where people are waiting and waiting around for a streetcar to arrive
(or they'll be seeing red when the streetcar arrives!)

From Melbourne:

Bumblebee2_Image.jpg

The name Bumblebee was the most popular suggestion from Yarra Trams customers who entered a competition on our website. The name reflects the colour and vibrancy of the trams.

the red tortoise!

It would be great if they looked something like the ones in Alicante. The problem is that they look great for the first month until the TTC revenue dept gets it's hands on it and plaster them from head to toe with some ugly ads. t's especially horrid from both the interior and exterior when they plaster the windows as well.

The interior of the new streetcars could be higher than our current streetcars, because of the low floors. I would like to see overhead storage racks to store your backpack, briefcase, or package. Maybe the rack could go up out of the way when it is empty, and has to be pulled down to use it. It has to remain down when something is in it, to act as a reminder.

Overhead storage is common on Japanese subway/commuter trains. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on anywhere else (maybe they aren't worried about theft so much over there).

tokyo_subway_468.jpg

Given that these cars are for the downtown network where traffic problems mingle with line management issues:

The Silver Sloth.

wilson_wu good job on the entries they're both really good. I do like the first one more because of lighter colours. Any more entries from members?

btw wilson_wu, you missed the front headlight part, it's still white and not silver.

I really like the first one wilson_wu, i'm loving that red line in between the dark grey and the light grey near the top of the vehicle.

Back