News   Jul 16, 2024
 650     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 581     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 724     2 

TTC: Customer Service

Not to mention the label is completely useless to people who can't read English, which also probably contributes to unintentional alarms. Their new exit signage at Bloor/Yonge has the same problem, it's just the word exit as white on black. I would have thought there were laws against this?

Using the word "EXIT" is obsolete, as of January 1, 2014. However, they can still grandfather the use should they have the old signs in stock. See link. Guess the TTC had bought up the old signs at a good price.

4403869.jpg

5785197_orig.jpg

Attachments

• 4403869.jpg
    4403869.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 986
  • 5785197_orig.jpg
    5785197_orig.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,659
The green running man is intended for emergency exits only.

"EXIT" will live on for regular, everyday directions. Compare with London who uses the green running man for emergency exits but a yellow "Way out" on a black field for regular exit routes.

Anyone know what's up with the NextBus displays in bus shelters? On King Street the sign in the shelter (eastbound) at King Station has been dead for several weeks and at Jarvis (westbound) Astral installed a new(replacement) shelter but did not reinstall the NextBus display.

The sign for the streetcars at the Union Station loop also wasn't working last week.

The green running man is intended for emergency exits only.

"EXIT" will live on for regular, everyday directions. Compare with London who uses the green running man for emergency exits but a yellow "Way out" on a black field for regular exit routes.

Fair enough but if there was a fire and I was to rush out of the hotel room, the first sign I saw was the red EXIT sign. I didn't see any green running man signs but I didn't walk all the way to the stairwell either

This is Janurary 1, 2015.

From this link:

Initially, POP will operate on the 504 King Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. only, similar to the POP hours currently on the 501 Queen. The TTC’s 2015 budget submission includes the phasing of POP on all streetcar routes next year, with a total complement of 100 fare inspectors that will allow for POP all day, every day on all 11 streetcar routes by year-end. Today, only the 510 Spadina is POP all day, every day.

Anybody noticed anything different on the 504 King?

The fine for failing to have proof-of-payment when asked by a fare inspector is $235.

Correction, for 501, 502, 503, 504, and 508 its 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days-a-week. For 510, its 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week (except that I think that should be 20 hours a day).

From this link:

pop_decal_lflrv.jpg
pop_decal.jpg

Attachments

• pop_decal_lflrv.jpg
    pop_decal_lflrv.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 694
  • pop_decal.jpg
    pop_decal.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 771
Just saw this come across my Google Now feed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/2whq52/has_anyone_else_ever_been_assaulted_by_a_ttc/

his is a long read but I hope other people are compelled to share their stories as well.
The incident took place on the 9th of January around 12:15pm. The route was 32C Eglinton West heading towards Eglinton West Stn. I got on the bus at the Jane/Trethewey intersection and was heading downtown. As I entered the bus with my earphones in, I noticed the bus driver stopping two guys for using child tickets. So I was a bit cautious and when I went to put my token in, I paused and made eye contact with her [the operator] to make sure she was aware I was putting a token in. This might have irritated her, she exclaimed something along the lines of; let's go! (I'm not paraphrasing). So I did. I put my token in and asked for a transfer.
As she was handing me the transfer; she held on to her end, so when I pulled it, the transfer ripped in half. It was quite obvious that she did this intentionally but I didn't care. It was just a transfer anyways. So I asked for another one, she declined. I then proceeded to explain to her that I had to get off at duffrein and take the bus south hence needing a proper transfer.
She told me I can keep the one [transfer] I I got or get off the bus. She said all this in a very demeaning voice. As I realized I was dealing with a stubborn woman and that my case was hopeless; I decided to turn around to my fellow riders and say, "I gave her a token, she gave me a ripped transfer, and now i can't get on my next bus...what do I do?"
The passengers sympathized with me and some screamed, "just give him a [expletive] transfer."... Yes, it was simple as that. But this irritated the operator even more. Desperate to get a transfer, I decided to plead my case one more time.. Once again, same result. [Keep that transfer or get off my bus]
Fellow passengers told me to video tape/take pictures of the driver/bus number so I could write an official report.
When i decided to point the camera at the operator (no flash), she decided to hit my hand out of the way. (She used a lot of force)
People on the bus, " that's assault!"
I was honestly shocked at the whole situation. Mainly for the fact that all this for a sole transfer.
The operator proceeded to stop the bus, get out of her booth, and confront me (tried intimidating me off the bus). But I decided to move back and call the police. Main reason I called the cops was to make sure the situation didn't escalade and to bring some sanity on the bus.
The operator then proceeded to take the bus out of order. I felt extremely guilty because of all the people that were suffering in the frigid cold bus and running late for their errands. But fellow passengers gave me hope. Soon, a replacement bus came and the passengers went on with their days but two people decided to leave their phone numbers with me.
I waited almost 40 minutes for the police to show up only to realize they didn't care what my argument was. It seemed as I went from being the victim to the...culprit. They kept asking me why id take a picture. I replied, why'd she not give me a proper transfer, whyd she hit me, and whyd she come out of her booth to confront me??
No answer. I then asked the officer whether my actions were against the law, and they told me I had every right to take a picture of a public servants though it was deemed unnecessary. The female officer was extremely rude and had no interest in listening to me. This hurt a lot because I felt really alone and confused (I've never encountered such a situation before).
A little later (an hour or so since the incident initiated), the TTC route supervisor showed up on the scene and conformed with the police officers. Some of the things he said: "The operator probably felt intimidated because she is a woman." "Taking the picture was unnecessary" "Was it worth it wasting an hour of your time for this?"
I have done nothing wrong and always kept my composure. I decided to take a picture because it deemed the right thing to do at that moment and I wasn't harming anyone and certainly wasn't getting in the way of the driver operating safely. In fact, the operator decided to take extreme and unsafe measures by hitting my hand while driving with one hand.
The unfortunate thing is; as a young colored man growing up in this city. Id have had a steam roller run over me if I had ever put my finger on an operator. In fact, it has nothing to do with age, sex, or beliefs...we are all intimidated to do anything in the TTC or say anything back to the operators. Its a shame that some operators take advantage of this.
This is the picture I took

The TTC "investigated" my complaint and concluded that I initiated the confrontation and intentionally ripped the transfer.
This investigation was carried out by the same man that said, "the operator probably felt intimidated because she is a woman".
My only option now is to go to the city and apply for a release of information which will only be released if the operator and the supervisor sign off on it.
(TL/DR: I was assaulted by an operator and the TTC doesnt give a shit)

Some posters suggested the bus' camera may shed some light on this, but also cautioned that the data has also been since overwritten. That said, considering that not only a complaint was made but the police were called in, would it not make sense for the TTC to keep a copy of the video to cover their butts?

Back