News   May 16, 2024
 451     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 726     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.8K     0 

Troy Glaus a Blue Jay, Good-bye Batista, O-Dog

Nope this would be the spot.

Orlando may have been a gold glove, but his bat wasn't much. Batista was dead weight. You have to give something to gain something and now the Jays have the bat they need to compliment Vernon. It's hard to imagine a month ago JP was saying this was just the start of a long 2-3 year process of puting the right peices in place to make a run. If this is just the start I can't wait to see how the next few years turn out! The Yankee's have made themselves stronger, but have a pitching staff that pales in comparison to the Jays and the BoSox have lost a number of key players. The Jays will clearly contend for the wild-card this year, and that's got me excited about them.

I guess now that uncle Teddy owns the Skydome he felt it was time to start the spend-a-thon that few other owners have the deep pockets for (or they end up having a firesale shortly after, ie. The Marlins - they bought a powerhouse and sold it off twice). Hopefully the Jays are still profitable this way and Ted keeps the chequebook open, in a way we're blessed to have such wealthy ownership because baseball has become a sport where you have to spend serious cash to compete and now well... we have that cash.

We welcome Tony with open arms.

"Orlando may have been a gold glove, but his bat wasn't much."

Glaus has a .253 lifetime batting average, although he will hit 30+ home runs if healthy, something Hudson never will. They wouldn't need him if they had kept Delgado...if only the money had come a little sooner.

But I think they do have a legitimate shot at the wild card - they're definitely a better club after the recent deals.

I dont know about this really. I always considered Orlando to be the core of the team with Halladay and Wells, they were kind of the guys that ran the ship.

It's very sad to see Hudson go...and it was so very unecessary. If the organization had some forsight, they would've kept Delgado...lacking power in the lineup wouldn't have even been an issue. And Hudson would still be a Jay.

Unfortunately Riccardi wildly overvalued Hinske and now they're trying to compensate for his failed plan.

Hopefully this all works out...as it stands Im not too fond of what Riccardi has done as the GM.

It's surprising to me that he traded for a Third Baseman.....this will make three.....so Hill is the everyday secondbaseman? if i was pitching i'd want hudson behind me.
By the way, Kelvim Escobar has better numbers then Burnett....and they could have paid him less...

Re: His bat -

Glaus = .258
Hudson = .271

Average isn't a fair comparison

Glaus 37HR 97RBI .258AVG .363OBP .522SLG .885OPS
Hudson 10HR 63RBI .271AVG .315OBP .412SLG .727OPS

Hill will be able to replace Hudson's offence although obviously not his defence. Glaus' offence should be compared against the player whose at bats he'll be taking - either koskie, hinske or hillenbrand - depending on who J.P. can unload.

OBP is a far more accurate way to measure a player's worth than AVG, at least that's what i think.

i'm sad to see hudson go, not only because of his defence, but because you need character guys like him on your team, in every sport. but, i think glaus (if healthy) could really boost the numbers of guys hitting around him, like koskie (or hillenbrand, depending on who gets traded of the two), wells and overbay--who i also believe will be a huge asset to this team, being a high OBP guy himself.

looking forward to a great season-solid hitting 1-9, and one of the best pitching staffs in the AL for sure.

Lets just hope Rios isn't traded and can develop as an everyday outfielder.

Back