IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

More College st
IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

Spadina (our streetcar got short-turned or something on Adelaide to King, but the driver didn't say a single word the whole time)
IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

Spadina north of Front was a barren, car-dealership area with the strange feel of a suburban strip mall (not to mention Spadina being 11 lanes, including platforms)
IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

VIA Rail from the skywalk
IMG_3800.jpg

more soon...

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg

Simcoe (?) st. extension (from the skywalk)
IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

There were some awesome "then and now" photos at the end of the skywalk. These are two (of the 5 or so sets)
IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

The Bay St. Parking Lot (we DROVE out of downtown!)
IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

There were some awesome "then and now" photos at the end of the skywalk. These are two (of the 5 or so sets)
Which are badly dated. They are more like "way back when and not so way back when" because the "now" photos are from the late 1980s/1990 or so. Still cool. I love dated "then and now" images and books (there was a thread here about 1-2 years ago of someone posting the pics of Toronto in the way past and then the 1970s update).

Thanks for the photo tour.

IMG_3823.jpg

I wonder if the open space between the tracks are going to remain that way. If so, the same thing can be replicated at York and Yonge street to lessen the dungeon like feeling of the underpass.

AoD

Thanks for the tour. Those are all the familiar places where I spent most of my last ten years... except for the first couple of pics. CityPlace is still a work in progress, so I'm willing to give it time. I went to that St. Louis Wings place on my last visit to TO (the wings are just OK but the ribs are quite good). Bremner is starting to get a semi-urban feel to it. Your last few pics highlight the unsightly problem area which is Bay and Dundas. The area needs a massive overhaul.

FYI on the MaRS photo - the hole in the side of the tower was to lift some sort of lab gear up there recently.

Cityplace was a barren, car-dealership area with the strange feel of a suburban strip mall

Is this a fair assessment of Cityplace? I mean, Toyota on Front isn't part of Cityplace. Matrix and Apex have street retail on Front Street, so no suburban strip mall feeling there. The parts of it that don't have any street activity can certainly be described as "barren", but I don't know where it feels like a "strip mall".

Is MaRS phase II underway yet?

Ditto on Bay and Dundas. That whole area is a complete embarassment. It may get incrementally better w/some new condo projects but it is a long way to go yet.

"Bremner is starting to get a semi-urban feel to it."

Indeed, and even more so with Telus, MLS etc. in the coming years. It bridges the gap to the waterfront, and eventually it would be nice to see some retail along that stretch of block that the Infinity complex occupies.

Everyone: GREAT TORONTO PIX!!!! I LOVE this stuff!! LI MIKE

Back