News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 542     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Trinity Lofts - Is this worth the price?

streetcar

Member Bio
Reaction score
2 bedroom + den... 804 sq.ft. at the Trinity Lofts

http://trinitylofts.ca/flash.php

located in the lower east end of Toronto (major intersection front & parliament)... close to distillery district, st.lawrence mkt, and the upcoming west don land development.

At $486/sq.... how would you rate this as:

- a good deal?
- a fair deal?
- not so good?

your opinions would be very much appreciated...

tks.

I don't like it for a few reasons....

Both bedrooms are small and one of them doesn't even have a window.
For a 2 bedroom, the living room is on the small side, especially with the 2 columns
The kitchen is very small with limited counter space.
The den is really a joke.
I'd rather see 2 full bathrooms rather than 1 1/2 bathrooms. Most new 2 bedrooms have 2 full baths.

A den with a dimension of 4-feet-something doesn't qualify as a "room" - it's barely an alcove. The bedroom closets are also small - that small closet in the second bedroom is about the width of a toilet.

Is it worth the price is what I'm asking. I know the den is not really a den. More like a nook.

Good deal? Bad deal? For the price at $486/sq.ft at 804 sq.

I don't think the floor plan is that bad. I would consider this more of a 1 + den.

Is it worth the price is what I'm asking. I know the den is not really a den. More like a nook.

Good deal? Bad deal? For the price at $486/sq.ft at 804 sq.

I don't think the floor plan is that bad. I would consider this more of a 1 + den.

ditto to all the above ... no it's not worth it.

if you consider it more as a 1b+d vs. 2b+d that it's marketed as, then why not get a well designed 1b+d?
there's about 100 SF of wasted space from the entry door to the kitchen.

also, you're paying more $ just for the 2b designation in developer fees, floor premium, etc.
people have given you their opinions with explanations, yet you seem bent on buying it.

why are you in such a rush to purchase, and what are your reasons for buying:
- personal use, or investment rental?
- are you a first-time buyer?

Im a first time home buyer and looking to buy to live in it. I also want a property that will appreciate in value considering the market is due for a correction.

I'm in no rush to buy it. I just feel it's a great location with growth opportunity.

Is it worth the price?

In my opinion, it is not worth the price:

1. The location is still horrible, it will take many but many years for that location to get better
2. Very bad layout
3. Developer seems to have many contruction technique issues ( go visit the open house this weekend for Corktown district at 569 King west)
4. Wait until december or January, just in the middle of the winter and go visit some sales centres for projects already in construction, like Market Wharf, 650 King west, fashionhouse and maybe you can find good deals and incentives on pojects with excelent location

1. The location is still horrible, it will take many but many years for that location to get better
2. Very bad layout
3. Developer seems to have many contruction technique issues ( go visit the open house this weekend for Corktown district at 569 King west)

4. Wait until december or January, just in the middle of the winter and go visit some sales centres for projects already in construction, like Market Wharf, 650 King west, fashionhouse and maybe you can find good deals and incentives on pojects with excelent location

You're not the first person who has said this...what do you mean by "technique issues"?

You're not the first person who has said this...what do you mean by "technique issues"?

There are other threads about this issue. It seems like they have noise problems between the units, they use only drywall for the interior walls instead of cement walls

ditto to all the above ... no it's not worth it.

if you consider it more as a 1b+d vs. 2b+d that it's marketed as, then why not get a well designed 1b+d?
there's about 100 SF of wasted space from the entry door to the kitchen.

also, you're paying more $ just for the 2b designation in developer fees, floor premium, etc.
people have given you their opinions with explanations, yet you seem bent on buying it.

why are you in such a rush to purchase, and what are your reasons for buying:
- personal use, or investment rental?
- are you a first-time buyer?

Excellent points. Torontonians need to get over obsessing with square footage because the numbers aren't important if the space isn't usable. With the anticipated supply of condos coming to market in the next 2-3 years, buyers are going to have their pick of units. You're better off getting a well-designed 1+den for your own livability and resale than getting a poorly designed "larger" unit.

a poor layout could be acceptable in a high end building with a fantastic location, everybody wants to live there and the resale, even with a poor layout, will be easy. But if you are looking to buy in a neighborhood that is in transition and you do not know exactly when it will turn to a good desirable location, then you have to make sure you get a fantastic layout and well design unit and this unit at Trinity is not the case

Good point, carturo... when I was considering Corktown District it was an exceptional unit in what is becoming an up and coming neighbourhood. If I wasn't going to be thrilled with my unit, I certainly wasn't going to live in a neighbourhood still in major transition.

Bottom line - you need to be happy with your home.

Im a first time home buyer and looking to buy to live in it. I also want a property that will appreciate in value considering the market is due for a correction.

I'm in no rush to buy it. I just feel it's a great location with growth opportunity.

Is it worth the price?

do you have the floorplan for the unit you are lookng at Ninety?

if the $/SF is the same, another thing to consider is the existing services there.

i'm not too familiar with what's IMMEDIATELY around Trinity Lofts except for some industrial/commercial buildings.

AFAIK, around Ninety there are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, retail stores, car dealerships, etc ... it's already somewhat established.

2. Very bad layout

How is this a terrible location? It is one block from the Distillery. it is a reasonable walk to the Financial District, it is a stones throw to Little Trinity Church and Enoch Turner schoolhouse and in a couple of years (ie, close to when it will be completed), it will be very close to the new West Donlands Park and community. I live in Corktown (in one of the new townhouses on Gilead) and love the location.

Back