News   May 08, 2024
 419     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 737     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.6K     3 

Transit overcrowding on the TTC.

Its not that bus. Its not low floor. Its the high floor bus with the lift.

^
Piss off! :p

Okay fine. Then its an Orion 5 - First equipped with a Lift.

bus-8509-07.jpg

Its not Orion. Its the bus with the wheelchair lift. Don't know what their official name is.

As Yogi Berra once said: "That place is so popular nobody goes there anymore."

Its not Orion. Its the bus with the wheelchair lift. Don't know what their official name is.

As I said, its a New Flyer.
bus-8001-41.jpg

Okay, I'm officially tired of this topic.

You every see one of the Orion V lift work? I hate to be on one after seeing one operate for the first when they first came out.

It is even worse now and no wonder why TTC does not want the lifts on the streetcars.

Well today service improvments went into effect on the two bus routes that form the core route along my street. I guess the TTC did decide the crowding was getting a little to bad :)

With the combined service to Scarborough Town Centre the service will be as frequant as every 5min now at certain periods, instead of the current 7min.

Evening service is also being improved from the current 10min service to a bus every 7min at certain periods.

The 96 and 165 are packed on Saturdays and Sundays - and someone decided that even though these are supposed to be equipped with high floor buses (not accessible route) most buses on Saturdays and all buses on Sundays are Orion VIIs. I don't mind standing too much, as I am close to the subway, but these buses must be packed as far west as Weston Road.

Midday weekdays and early evenings though, demand is usually matched quite well.

Mike, my friend. Can you do me one small favour. It's not huge, but it will make a substantial difference in my life, at least.

Here's what I need you to do. Go to Grand and Toy and buy some Post-it notes. Pink, blue, yellow...whatever colour you prefer.

Next, open the package and on the first one, write the following:

FREQUENT

Please underline the second "E" as shown.

Stick the Post-it note on your computer monitor. Refer to it everytime you post.

Thanks.

"Can you do me one small favour."

Can you add a question mark?

Back