News   May 17, 2024
 2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Transit Fantasy Maps

ny crosstown.jpg

Quick fantasy. Subway on finch west. Turns down at Keele finch on to sheppard. Turns down on Midland to go to STC.... but continues on ellesmere to UT Scarborough.

Pure fanstasy, but it shut the inner 416 up about subways, and it serves all of Scarborough.

Attachments

• ny crosstown.jpg
    ny crosstown.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 615
View attachment 20886
Quick fantasy. Subway on finch west. Turns down at Keele finch on to sheppard. Turns down on Midland to go to STC.... but continues on ellesmere to UT Scarborough.

Pure fanstasy, but it shut the inner 416 up about subways, and it serves all of Scarborough.

i would swing the subway south after downsview and have it go along the wilson corridor up to Jane. Then swing south towards dixon and then to pearson.

It would be a truly amazing cross 401 alternative! Maybe someday...who knows.

Last edited:
Hi,

I haven't had a chance to go through everything but just thought I would put the following out there to gauge responses from forum members:

I'm wondering if there are plans to improve the links between the different lines that are proposed and/or are under construction to provide a more seamless ride for transit users? For example, connecting Finch West LRT and Shepperd East LRT could create one seamless line with the Shepperd East LRT line running north at Don Mills from Shepperd all the way to Finch and then turn west and run all the way to Humber College on Finch.

Finch West LRT is tentatively planned to be extended east to Finch and Yonge at a later date.

With Don Mills station becoming an important link/transfer-point, the DRL should start here (so it is connected to the Shepperd/Finch LRT and the Shepperd subway), go south via Pape through the financial district and king west district and come back north via Dundas West and connect to Jane Street, where it can connect to the future Jane LRT.

With the plan for Jane LRT to connect with Finch LRT, the connection of Jane LRT to the so-called 'downtown relief line' (as per my point above) would enable one massive transit loop covering outer-Toronto via the downtown. This would greatly improve transport in any direction in the city of Toronto, and would particularly help lower-income outer-ring suburbs and highly-dense inner-city suburbs.

The city of Toronto would then have a one large seamless LRT line covering the north (Shepperd linked in with Finch), a large seamless line covering central Toronto (Eglinton crosstown), the existing south subway line (Bloor-Danforth) and two loop lines - the existing inner Yonge-University-Spadina subway and the new Don Mills-Downtown-Jane line.

I proposed this in a map I made a few months ago (PNG, PDF). The lines should remain separate from each other. There wouldn't be much benefit by creating this loop you propose (the ridership patterns don't support it) and it would be difficult to operate something that large.

I'm assuming that the DRL will be using the LRVs that Eglinton and Shepperd are planning to use so it can be connected to Jane and Don Mills (the only thing being that the DRL portion would be running underground). The current proposal for the DRL is not heavy-rail like the existing subways is it?

The Relief Line will be using standard Toronto subway cars. If we were to use the LRVs, we'd be approaching their practical limits immediately after the line opens.

i would swing the subway south after downsview and have it go along the wilson corridor up to Jane. Then swing south towards dixon and then to pearson.

It would be a truly amazing cross 401 alternative! Maybe someday...who knows.

I don't know man. I think with Eglinton West coming up, we could serve at least part of finch.

Talk of the yonge express line got me thinking of a far future TTC system... Red is streetcar ROW, Thin lines LRT, thick either subway or grade seperated LRT, black is BRT.

lDVopvr.jpg

I don't know man. I think with Eglinton West coming up, we could serve at least part of finch.

Agreed.

Either Eglinton continues grade separated to Pearson, or one branch from the underground portion continues in the median of Eglinton to Pearson, and another branch (somehow maybe via Weston Road or Scarlett Rd) goes in the median of Dixon Road to Pearson.

As you can see in my map, I am of the opinion that the Jane LRT be a branch of the Eglinton LRT, along with Don Mills. 3 minute frequencies on the branches, 90 seconds in the central tunnel.

Jane is tunnelled due to the lack of space for a surface ROW. It would run above ground in the rail corridor.

Interlined to York U to provide a simpler way to travel between the finch LRT and the Sheppard LRT, with turn back at York due to high ridership to that point. Thinking of the logistics of turning around there now though, it should probably go to Vaughan metro centre. Sheppard would probably have to be upgraded to 6 car trains and have frequency dropped to 6 minutes for it to work.

I'd like to make a request

I just got a new PC and don't have all my files available to me

Given the report that was just realsed, I would like to see if someone can draw the scarborough wye alignment in full so we can see what it looks like. Thanks :D

ohwell.jpg

This is a new plan of attack by me. (No borders, Johnny Au :D) I turn Eglinton into a massive route from Hurontario to Pickering Town Centre, hitting terminal 1 on the way. I think this would very popular. I extended the DRL and Bloor McCowan(previously Bloor Danforth) to Steeles, taking a lot of pressure off of the Yonge Line, and to Honeydale. The Yonge line is now the Yonge Highway 7 subway. I got rid of Sheppard, closed it. It's a nuisance and creates an unneeded transfer. I instead have the Finch SkyTrain(yes, use I use ALRT on finch) run from Humber College to to Malvern. Now here is interesting. I turn south on Finch Neilson, make a right on Neilson and Sheppard, go to sheppard morningside, and then down morningside to UTS. I made UTS a transfer point, driving traffic there. I use ALRT on Jane Street as well. This is not a total fantasy, and can be done with political will and regional cooperation

Thoughts?

Attachments

• ohwell.jpg
    ohwell.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

Back