636     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 780     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 612     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

I some edits to the TTC Future Map:
Ei9TeU1.png

Markham wouldn't want to be outdone by Vaughan, so "Markham Centre" would have to be something like "Markham Global Centre".

I some edits to the TTC Future Map:...

I like how sheppard is actually connected to Sheppard West Station. Seems like such a glaring gap. I've said this before, but I'll say it again, despite the poor ridership they think this line will attract in-between, there's definitely a case for a northerly cross-town service that allows people form Scarborough to get to York U, NYC, VMC, and Yorkdale. These are huge regional trip generators that this extension would facilitate travel to among other benefits like creating a much-needed redundancy in the subway network and allowing more direct access to Wilson Subway yard for Yonge Line subway operations.

I like how sheppard is actually connected to Sheppard West Station. Seems like such a glaring gap. I've said this before, but I'll say it again, despite the poor ridership they think this line will attract in-between, there's definitely a case for a northerly cross-town service that allows people form Scarborough to get to York U, NYC, VMC, and Yorkdale. These are huge regional trip generators that this extension would facilitate travel to among other benefits like creating a much-needed redundancy in the subway network and allowing more direct access to Wilson Subway yard for Yonge Line subway operations.
Would it also have to potential to be used by Line 3 trains? Or would they only need to use Greenwood?

I made some edits to the TTC Future Map:
6W45pkd.png

A few suggestions:
1. Make line 9 a different colour, maybe a dark blue. There are already 2 pink/purple colours. Adding another bothers me.
2. I'd send Line 8 to Hwy 407 over Pioneer village just because it'll be less expensive and make that station useful.
3. I'm not really sure Line 6 between Finch West and Finch is really necessary, especially when considering the Sheppard subway extension, however, at least the buses wouldn't be necessary.
4. The turn at Sheppard McCowan will not likely be a large enough turn for Sheppard trains.
5. Midtown Corridor anyone?
6. The rest of the streetcar network?
7. Line 6 to Pearson? (It was in the GTAA's plan for the transit hub).
8. Line 2 to Mississauga? That seems more high priority than Line 3 to Markham (Especially since the milton line is the most crowded and will not be upgraded).

It's a really good map regardless of my nitpicked desires. Hopefully something like this comes true someday.

A future without transit :eek:

Well, we’ll all be living in simulations at that point, so just teleport everywhere.

I don't think we're that far off from Tech Libertarians shouting "NO NEED FOR TAXATION FOR PUBLIC TRANSIT! MUSK SAYS WE'LL BE TELEPORTING SOON!!1!"

We'll have to get the hyperloop up and running first though. Priorities are priorities.

Maybe add a Line 10 that would start at Greenwood Station and head south to run east west along Dundas/Gerrard all the way to Chinatown, and then head south along Spadina to connect with the new Rail Deck GO station.

I made some edits to the TTC Future Map:
6W45pkd.png

Some comments:
  • Why no interchange between Lakeshore West and the DRL? Seems like a connection could be put in at Roncesvalles to reduce pressure on Union and give people a more direct trip to points north of Front.
  • Relief line #2 is an interesting idea, and it nicely delineates downtown. But it is a bit stubby, and its usefulness is reduced by the fact that it doesn't travel more than 2.5 km in any direction. Maybe instead of having it replace the Spadina streetcar (where there is already good transit service) it could continue further west to Dufferin, and continue north to the Eglinton LRT? Then it would be useful for more trips (and replace the heavily used 'Sufferin bus) and wouldn't duplicate an existing service. Currently, there isn't much point to the transfer from line 1 to DRL #2 at Bloor, since Spadina is close enough to University that the time penalty for transferring is about the same as the additional time to walk from University to Spadina.
  • As mentioned before, extending the Finch LRT to Woodbine and to the airport, as originally planned, would be beneficial
Edit:
  • If the entire system is accessible, you don't need the little wheelchair icons as station logos ;)

Last edited:

Back