463     0 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
I apologize if this has been asked before, but has the TTC stated whether or not the lines will be featured on the subway map? surely the underground part of the eglinton LRT will be.. right?

I apologize if this has been asked before, but has the TTC stated whether or not the lines will be featured on the subway map? surely the underground part of the eglinton LRT will be.. right?

I doubt they have said anything. The first of the lines won't be opening till at least 2020 so they have a long time to go before they need to even think about drawing lines on the map.

But I'm willing to bet that the lines will be on the maps since they are Subway/Rapid Transit route maps and the LRTs are technically rapid transit.

Plus the TTC would likely put them on the map to fight the perception that they are streetcars.

Last edited:
I doubt they have said anything. The first of the lines won't be opening till at least 2020 so they have a long time to go before they need to even think about drawing lines on the map.

The Sheppard line even with Metrolinx's stingy timelines is due to open in 2018. Hopefully the TTC and the TTCriders advocacy group are successfull in getting Ontario to accelerate construction.

The Sheppard line even with Metrolinx's stingy timelines is due to open in 2018. Hopefully the TTC and the TTCriders advocacy group are successfull in getting Ontario to accelerate construction.

Still, my point still stands. Thats still 5 1/2 years away. The TTC has plenty of time to design maps.

Any opinions on if the LRT lines should be included on the Subway/RT map???

I know the tunneled portion of eglinton should be, but it would be confusing for people using the system if the rest weren't. People would think that if they were coming from say, lawrence west station and wanted to get to kennedy, they would think that they needed to head down to the bloor danforth line and across, while in reality they would just need to go down to eglinton and across.

I think they should include the LRT lines, but make the non-grade seperated parts a thinner line.

I'm also wondering what colour they will be? Judging by the maps showing each lines future stations, eglinton will be orange, finch red, and sheppard east a light green. I was hoping they would save red for the drl for some reason, so i hope they end up using brown or grey or something else for the finch line. Orange is fine for the eglinton line. I also dont like green for the sheppard east line. We already have a green line. We should use up all the major colours before we start using different hues IMO

Still, my point still stands. Thats still 5 1/2 years away. The TTC has plenty of time to design maps.

Any opinions on if the LRT lines should be included on the Subway/RT map???

They're part of the network (more so than streetcars), so they absolutely should.

The overground and Docklands Light Rail are included on the tube map here.

The overground and Docklands Light Rail are included on the tube map here.
The DLR is grade-separated - kind of equivalent to the SRT. The London equivalent would be the trams - Tramlink. And it isn't on the Tube map, only the maps which also include all the railways.

Though does what we do have to be related to what other cities do? Montreal's metro map shows commuter rail. Our doesn't.

Discussion is way too premature. We don't even know if this is going to be TTC running the service, or Metrolinx. Will he ARL be on the TTC subway map?

So why are they starting sheppard AFTER the election? It could be stopped by Ford and then nothing again? Why is this city short cited?
They are not. The yard starts construction in mid-2013 and will be partially completed by the election. The full package will be have the RFQ issued at the end of 2012, and the RFP in mid-2013, with the whole thing awarded before the election. They've also indicated that they plan an earlier start than that on the track from Progress to Conlins, so the LRVs will have something to be tested on.

Cancelling Sheppard after the new mayor is installed in December 2014, would likely end up costing just as much as building it.

I think they have stated that the TTC will be running it. the ARL will be run by GO i think. it would be nice if they included the ARL on maps, though i somehow doubt it.

I still don't understand how or why Metrolinx would want to run the service. It makes absolutely no sense.

Do you mean Transit City lines or the ARL?

I think Metrolinx' ultimate goal is the uploading of all rapid transit in the GTHA under their control. That would seem to be a logical goal, anyway.

They are not. The yard starts construction in mid-2013 and will be partially completed by the election. The full package will be have the RFQ issued at the end of 2012, and the RFP in mid-2013, with the whole thing awarded before the election. They've also indicated that they plan an earlier start than that on the track from Progress to Conlins, so the LRVs will have something to be tested on.

Cancelling Sheppard after the new mayor is installed in December 2014, would likely end up costing just as much as building it.
OK. Thank You. I just keep hear sheppard will be an election issue, I don't want that.

Back