467     0 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
Yeah, my subway train is always skipping minor stops, and passing other trains. It sucks for the dozen or so poeple waiting at summerhill, but screw them...I get to work 25 seconds earlier!

The real time suckers are King, Queen, Dundas, Bloor/Yonge, Eglinton and Sheppard.

My train stops only at Finch, Summerhill, and Union please.

Last edited:
I was thinking that maybe they should build giant right-of-ways down the Don Valley and across the Gardiner and let everyone operate their own mini-bus that only stops according to the individual operator's needs.

I was thinking that maybe they should build giant right-of-ways down the Don Valley and across the Gardiner and let everyone operate their own mini-bus that only stops according to the individual operator's needs.

OOh...I like that. Very innovative! Sort of a custom, private, express route! They could even set up waiting zones, where the vehicles could sit near your office in a designated spot (maybe even in a garage?), and a similar setup at your home.

OOh...I like that. Very innovative! Sort of a custom, private, express route! They could even set up waiting zones, where the vehicles could sit near your office in a designated spot (maybe even in a garage?), and a similar setup at your home.

The hell with the driver! The driver would probably be unionized! Screw the driver! I'll just drive the bus myself!

Security for the G20: $1+ Billion

Cuts to Transit City: $4 Billion

Total cost of hosting the G20: priceless

Which would be of benefit to the taxpayer: Transit City, you would have thought. But it seems that the G20 is more important.

Last edited:
Security for the G20: $1+ Billion

Cuts to Transit City: $4 Billion

Total cost of hosting the G20: priceless

Which would be of benefit to the taxpayer: Transit City, you would have thought. But it seems that the G20 is more important.

Different pots of money. The federal government's job is foreign relations, not transit construction in Toronto. If that $1 billion was not spent on the G20, you can guarantee it would not have ended up with the provinces. Nor would it have impacted the $4 billion cut from the province.

That's not to say I agree with spending $1 billion on hosting the conference....but that's the cost of hosting such an event in the downtown core of a major city. And the city does get some economic benefit out of it (and some minor infrastructure too I believe like better comms equipment, TTC surveillance, etc.). If they are going to do it (and it was Canada' s turn to host the G20), I'd rather they waste a billion in Toronto than elsewhere.

I assume the Transit City cars will skip minor stops in the sense that they won't stop at surface stations where no one is waiting, though.

Impossible. The streetcars will have to stop at all stops because, as in any "rapid" transit system people will not be pulling the cord to let the driver know that someone wants to get off. It will ahve to stop at every stop and with TC that's about 2 to 3 blocks.

Impossible. The streetcars will have to stop at all stops because, as in any "rapid" transit system people will not be pulling the cord to let the driver know that someone wants to get off. It will ahve to stop at every stop and with TC that's about 2 to 3 blocks.

They have already said the lines would operate on request stop.

I don't understand the impossibility. How hard would it be to have stop request buttons? VIA Rail has some stops on request. I don't think there would be many stops that would get passed though since a large vehicle holds more people which means increased chances that someone on the vehicle will use the stop.

I don't understand the impossibility. How hard would it be to have stop request buttons? VIA Rail has some stops on request. I don't think there would be many stops that would get passed though since a large vehicle holds more people which means increased chances that someone on the vehicle will use the stop.

Me neither, but the monorail guy said it was impossible, so...

Back