News   May 03, 2024
 933     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 566     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 275     0 

Transit City 2, suggestions/fantasies for the future

I would suggest that the penultimate priorities for TC2 should be the DRL, Sheppard westward extension till Downsview (or better yet till Jane). Other than that I agree that regional services should be a priority.

I agree, Wilson could be a hit! 2 branches could operate out of it at the western end of Wilson. 1 branch heading south and onto Dixon road which feeds right into the airport and another branch heading north on Albion to serve the NW corner of the city.

How about Weston Rd. Operating north from the Eglinton Crosstown line to Steeles, or even Vaughan?

I'd also extend the St Clair ROW SW along Dundas to Kipling station. I think that's in the plans already, but I think it should be evaluated much more deeper.

I'd like to see VIVA style express service on Steeles between York U and Pacific Mall. It could be a joint TTC/VIVA venture, but hopefully using VIVA vehicles. An ROW could be easily built between York U and Yonge as there is lots of room. Between Yonge and Don Mills, it could just run in mixed traffic since congestion there is only moderate at rush hour.

From Don Mills eastward, some widening may be required to get over the 404 to Woodbine, but east of there there are 3 lanes each way already.

I know the 53E service runs fairly well, but the 60 buses are always jammed in traffic. Having a joint service would allow more York Region riders to pay a single fair if they are traveling in either Toronto or York Region.

I agree, Wilson could be a hit! 2 branches could operate out of it at the western end of Wilson. 1 branch heading south and onto Dixon road which feeds right into the airport and another branch heading north on Albion to serve the NW corner of the city.

How about Weston Rd. Operating north from the Eglinton Crosstown line to Steeles, or even Vaughan?

I think a better idea would be to have a Wilson LRT continue northwest along Albion to Finch (maybe even to Wild Water Kingdom?), and a Lawrence LRT turn north on Scarlett to Dixon, and then along Dixon to the airport.

Of course, Weston Rd. should also get an LRT line.

I think a better idea would be to have a Wilson LRT continue northwest along Albion to Finch (maybe even to Wild Water Kingdom?), and a Lawrence LRT turn north on Scarlett to Dixon, and then along Dixon to the airport.

Of course, Weston Rd. should also get an LRT line.

I agree with you on Wilson and Lawrence, but I think Westwood Mall terminal might be a better terminus than Wild Water Kingdom.

Weston Road could be served by a rapid transit line in the railway corridor - on the surface. No need to bury it :rolleyes:

Back