69     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 157     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1.3K     5 

Tour of the Universe vetrans?

U

UrbanCactus

Is there anyone here who is a "Tour of the Universe" veteran from the CN Tower? If so, when did you work there? Was it the full 45 minute "adventure" with security, mission briefing, decontamination, and then the motion ride, or just the scaled down version?

I was a proud crew member of Spaceport Toronto in 1990 (well, 2019 I suppose). Every flight I did almost hit one of Jupiter's moons...

I remember going on the full adventure but I didn't work there.

To bad they don't do that anymore..It sounds like fun.
Same thing with the nightclub-If it were there, I would love to go.

Yah, the nightclub - I think it was called "Sparkles" - would be great now, considering the tower now happens to find itself in/near the club district. Bring it back!

Also, does anyone remember the video arcade that used to be there BEFORE Tour of the Universe?!

The best feature the tower had back in the day was the super cool virtual reality room.

They must have had every virtual reality game ever created!

Nothing beats putting on a sweaty helmet and zapping at pseudo 3-D polygons.

BTW, whatever happened to virtual reality?

Like, owmigawd, urbancatus - I worked there too...through 1989-90. It was fun - even if the shuttle's spaceflight simulation jumped it's sprockets a few too many times. The dullest part of it, I think, was the 'space lounge' - there wasn't really enough for people to do, and the exhibits were not that exciting. That said - 'laser inoculation' was a lot of fun. Some people were quite frightened by it.

Back