284     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 401     0 

Toronto's First No-Pants Subway Ride!

JasonParis

Member Bio
Reaction score
FIRST TORONTO NO-PANTS SUBWAY RIDE ~ Saturday, January 12th

New York is holding their annual No Pants Subway Ride on January 12th and WE NEED TO PARTICIPATE!

Improv Everywhere (www.improveverywhere.com) is a group based in NYC that stages large-scale "Scenes." The No Pants Subway Ride is an annual event that gets upward of 200 participants, some veterans and many new volunteers a.k.a. "agents."

Mission:

Ride the TTC without your pants. You can wear socks, shoes, boots, coats,
gloves, shirts and hats - just no pants. Dress warmly, as you will have no
pants. (Please no thongs, it's just impolite. You might get jumped, groped, or
thrown in jail.) The hard part is to be completely solid about it. Do not break
a smile or get all giggly about it. You have to pretend like you don't know any
of the other pantless riders. And when asked about it, don't acknowledge the
weirdness. You should be acting like it is perfectly normal to have been
waiting for and riding the TTC without your pants!

Requirements for Participation:
(1) Willing to take pants off on the TTC
(2) Able to keep a straight face about it

**THIS IS A PARTICIPATORY EVENT. PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP UNLESS YOU PLAN TO TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF. **

DETAILS:
When: Saturday, January 12 at 3:00 PM, Sharp! (Over by around 5:30)
Where: Bloor Street Boxing (2295 Dundas St W)
Bring: A backpack or other place to put pants once they've dropped.
Do NOT bring: A camera, this would make things waaay too obvious
Wear: Normal winter clothes (hat, gloves, etc)

Further instructions - see Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9795926022

Mission:

Ride the TTC without your pants. You can wear socks, shoes, boots, coats,
gloves, shirts and hats - just no pants. Dress warmly, as you will have no
pants. (Please no thongs, it's just impolite. You might get jumped, groped, or
thrown in jail.)

No thongs and no mention of undies.

Yes, do dress warmly. ;)

Duck feathers?
_40251083_donald_walk.jpg

No pants the better way for a day

Pranksters silently drop trousers on subway in Toronto and other cities in brazen bid for startled reactions

7cbd0e2f4c9c9e6a6c56f490b10c.jpeg

Jan 13, 2008 04:30 AM
Brett Popplewell
Staff Reporter

Meghan Hein tried hard to keep a straight face as she dropped her pants on the subway platform before her ride on the silver bullet.

Sporting thigh-high stockings and a debonair smile, the 19-year-old ignored the dropped jaws and wide-eyed stares as she boarded a Bloor line train yesterday.

Hein was among some 75 semi-naked people who boarded the train together as part of a multi-city exercise by Improv Everywhere – an online collective dedicated to causing public chaos and joy.

Some of the Toronto pranksters chose form-fitting polka dot briefs, others plaid boxers – thongs were discouraged – as they slipped, deadpan, among startled riders.

"Where are their pants?" asked a middle-aged rider, Anab Ali, who seemed slightly disturbed by all the half-naked men and women planting their bottoms on seats around her.

Two other riders – Lindsay Olson and Mandy Leinbach, both 15 – took good looks at the bared flesh and traded comments as they gripped a pole to keep their balance.

"What is wrong with this civilization?" asked a mystified Olson while one prankster, Jeremy Dziewir, 19, did chin-ups in his briefs at the risk of revealing too much.

Eliciting wondering looks, smirks and disgust from people mostly too timid to ask questions, the pranksters rode the subway for an hour from Dundas West to Donlands and back.

Suzana Barbosa, a 28-year-old singer, organized the outing here to coincide with similar disrobings yesterday on public transit in New York, Chicago and six other U.S. cities as well as Adelaide in Australia.

She said it was meant to be liberating for those taking part and amusing for everyone else.

Randy, 23, who was willing to reveal his legs but not his name, saw it as a psychological experiment.

"This was important to my personal growth. Doing things like this that you wouldn't normally gives you confidence," he said.

"We're always worried about not looking bad. If I can walk onto a subway without pants and feel confident, then I break any barrier."

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/293557

I think the pantless outnumbered the "panted" by too far a number. It would have been fun during rush hour on Monday morning..lol

Since this was the first outing, I think they were afraid not many people would do it if they didn't all start at the same location, hence the concentration of a bunch of them at the same time... If this picks up and becomes an annual/semiannual/monthly/weekly/daily? event, then I think the impact would be a little greater.

I didn't really like reading the reporter characterizing the pantless riders as "pranksters". It's really not a prank.

Back