News   Jul 11, 2024
 310     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 533     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 645     1 

Toronto Zoo aims to go green

Seems we have a consensus: Bring back the monorail!

I never understood how that one accident was enough to get it shut down permanently. It's such a great, unique attraction and seeing the old stops and tracks it's just so depressing.

I really like the zoo but agree that it's gotten awfully expensive. There must be some marketing strategy they can employ to get it back up on its feet in a good way because the zoo itself is still a great place to visit, IMHO.

^

Here's a good idea: The Zoo could invest in a shuttle from Union station. Set up a Toronto Zoo kiosk in the SkyWalk like Porter Airlines where you'd pay for your Zoo ticket and then go down the stairs to the shuttle which would take you to the Zoo.

The big problem about the Zoo in my opinion is that it's out of most people's way.

In fact, the SkyWalk could be used for more things like that. Remote check in kiosks for Toronto attractions. Pay your ticket, board the bus right there and get off inside the attraction.

Who's the councillor for that area? If it's who I think it is, I'll tell him about this idea in person.

Maybe Downsview Park would be a better place for the zoo, if anything ever gets started with that thing.

"Let the animals go wild. That'd really be "going green" big time."

Open the gates- let them free! Ssadly we are screwing up their habitat so much that comfortable existence in the wild where the 'aminals roam free and happy' is becoming quite rare. If only that were a real solution to conservation issues. Major zoos with a significant conservation mandate do in fact help. Most of the animals that thrive in such place are born in captivity and are in fact quite domesticated-some for generations. Such animals would have a very hard time just foraging in the wild- that is if they're not harvested for bush meat first. There is no more cruelty in keeping a domesticated tiger or marmoset in a large modern zoo than keeping a beagle in an apartment.

Back