Toronto YWCA Elm Centre | ?m | 17s | YWCA Toronto | SvN

I don't want to take the time to photoshop it, but they should have made the horizontal dark blue and horizontal light greys stand out on the midrise, and have the light blue spandrels be dark grey or black like the windows. This way a nice pattern would have been formed on the horizontal without too much interference from the light blue, which really clutters it all up.

I'm not a big fan of the coloured panels, especially so much of it. I guess it's an attempt to brighten up the block as it's not the nicest area with the bus station next door. It basically looks like what it is- socialized housing.

I am not a fan of this project. I think a nicer effect would have been using coloured glass - similar to M5V - instead of mullions which look cheap and dated and tend to not age well - a sleek yellow glass and bright blue glass would have added that colour impact without looking dated.

Going with a glass cladding would probably have been a budget-buster.

I don't mind the colours to be honest.

ya, it seems that Toronto gets enough decent proposals it's just that every project is value engineered and lose features/quality. but thats a whole other topic

This is a shelter essentially. You're not happy that they had to employ value engineering?

I am not a fan of this project. I think a nicer effect would have been using coloured glass - similar to M5V - instead of mullions which look cheap and dated and tend to not age well - a sleek yellow glass and bright blue glass would have added that colour impact without looking dated.

I disagree...i think its fine, and mainly different from everything else built in this town.:cool:

from today
20101211123.jpg

20101211128.jpg

20101211127.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad they couldn't have done something more like the Wellesley Residences. Looks interesting though.

Back