Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Flagship store or not I hate how they incorporated Sacs. Wish they would have just put it on two floors versus splitting the building in half. On that note I think the Yorkdale location is simply too big and perhaps the basement could be used for something different (lucky lanes bowling or another restaurant). also I really dislike the Top Shop at Yorkdale.

I agree, the Top Shop at Yorkdale is badly integrated.

But flagship store or not, the Yorkdale location always has better selection in my experience.

Can we at least all agree that the one at the Hudson's Bay Centre is worse than both Queen and Yorkdale?
I can't believe how long it is taking for a renovation/redevelopment of that complex. Torontonians have been complaining about that complex for decades now and it's still there, ugly as ever!

I can't believe how long it is taking for a renovation/redevelopment of that complex. Torontonians have been complaining about that complex for decades now and it's still there, ugly as ever!
The bunker I call it. I've been hoping they'd rip off the pebbled concrete facade and remake it as something worthy of the area, something with lots of natural light.

For people who are using the TTC subway from/to Yorkdale Mall, construction is now underway to make it station accessible for Easier Access project. That project will be complete by 2020. That station will have elevator and ramp and sliding door when the project is complete.

For people who are using the TTC subway from/to Yorkdale Mall, construction is now underway to make it station accessible for Easier Access project. That project will be complete by 2020. That station will have elevator and ramp and sliding door when the project is complete.

That's for the TTC side of things. The steps and bridge have to be rebuilt for accessibility (depends on who pays the hydro bill for the bridge lighting, the TTC, city, or mall).

Please fix (level) the walkway between Yorkdale Mall and the Yorkdale Subway Station.

yorkdale-station-entrance.jpg

From link.

Last edited:

Back