Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Oxford are still in talks with the City regarding the next Yorkville expansion, and the restoration of Arc-en-ciel is still on the table.

Oxford are still in talks with the City regarding the next Yorkville expansion, and the restoration of Arc-en-ciel is still on the table.

Are they not required to do some public art or local improvements as part of their recent expansion though? Are they going to try and roll that into the new expansion as well? Or do two different projects?

I'm sorry, I don't know what their 1% spend on public art went to in the last expansion, or what section 37 benefits might have come from it.

Wouldn't surprise me if it goes in the mall, but I doubt it would replace The Bay. Probably in the next expansion that I42 is speaking of.

Wouldn't surprise me if it goes in the mall, but I doubt it would replace The Bay. Probably in the next expansion that I42 is speaking of.

Nordstrom will occupy most of the upcoming expansion. If Saks moves into Yorkdale it will be through The Bay or perhaps even taking Sears (as long as the conversations with Simons aren't that far along). Either way, Yorkdale will have 4 strong department store anchors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch for a Yonge & Bloor announcement soon. I beleive this one to be a sure bet conversion...they will want to start conversions early to cut-off Nordstrom's entry.

The TTC is closing the section of parking allocated to TTC commuters in January - directing customers to park at Wilson and Downsview.

Will this new expansion - affecting the TTC this time - get us Arc-en-ciel restored?

TTC Yorkdale commuter parking lot to close temporarily

November 5, 2013

The TTC commuter parking deck located at Yorkdale Shopping Centre will be demolished early in the new year for development into a new parking deck with more retail space.

As a result, TTC commuter parking at Yorkdale will be closed as of January 6, 2014.

As an alternative, there are TTC commuter lots located at Wilson, Downsview and Finch stations.

The new TTC commuter parking lot at Yorkdale is expected to open in the fall of 2015.

The TTC operates 27 commuter parking lots with 12,551 parking spaces. For more information on TTC commuter parking lots including pricing and hours of operation, visit ttc.ca.

-30-

Media contact: TTC Corporate Communications, 416-981-1900, media@ttc.ca

The Holiday Inn Yorkville is one of the Easton's Group of Hotels, the people that are building King Blue in the Entertainment District. They've landed lots of awards for the quality of their hospitality over the years, and when you meet owner Steve Gupta you get why: he's a very warm individual who seems to know what people want. I still don't think much of the architecture of King Blue's towers, (the podium is very good though), but if they can translate their hospitality industry magic into the condo (and I can't imagine a reason they would fail at that) then it should be a great place to live.

In regards to residential on Dufferin and the Holiday Inn at Yorkdale, the city is studying how to improve Dufferin (it sure needs it!), and the hotel property right across from Yorkdale would seem to be an obvious spot to intensify: much of the lot is surface parking. I could see Eastons rebuilding or just infilling in the future to add condos to the site. Residential across the street from Yorkdale would probably be snapped up in a flash.

Jan 12
Got asked more times enough were could drivers find a parking spot while shooting the site. Good thing using transit as it was a zoo there and traffic backup all over the place.
11932208086_6dfe60df4e_b.jpg

11931643463_06bb002c59_b.jpg

11931184175_af360f01e3_b.jpg

11931640604_13d14c9299_b.jpg

11931800184_5705e98e14_b.jpg

11931802724_625af94522_b.jpg

Does York dale have any areas to lock up your bike. It would be a quick 10-15 minute ride from my house and good exercise. Plus now the parking lot is going to be insane. People complained before which I always thought was a bit crazy (I always find parking) but now there concerns at least until the garage is constructed might be justified.

Back