Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

Who cares about the marketing? This is much needed here and very welcome addition and another parking lot gone.

city is probably taking too long, the severe understaffing of the planning department is a serious problem from my understanding. Luckily they received permission to hire 60 new people this year, that should help with all these proposals going to the OMB because the city is taking too long to approve.

Too long to respond. It might not have been a recommended approval they were working towards.

While I do not know that this would have been the case for Yonge + Rich specifically…

the planning department does know that they cannot get everything done in time. They must be letting some projects slide where they don't see a chance of getting a compromise from the developer that would satisfy their concerns, and where they figure it will be going to the OMB anyway.

In the case for this building, I would expect the planning department in conjunction with Pam McConnell's office is now preparing a list of Section 37 benefits that it will suggest the OMB require should they see fit to approve the development.

Decisions are normally issued several weeks after the hearing. It gives the OMB members time to consider it all and to write a detailed report.

In terms of tracking the meetings down, they are posted at their site. The link posted above will be updated when things are set. You'll have to check it occasionally.

The pre-hearing is the beginning of the process. Helps to scope down the issues and determine how long the hearing would be. Hopefully by around that time a report would have gone to Council so we know the City's position. If the City is in favour or a settlement is worked out beforehand the hearing will be quite short (the developer may just drop their appeal)

Decisions are normally issued several weeks after the hearing. It gives the OMB members time to consider it all and to write a detailed report.

In terms of tracking the meetings down, they are posted at their site. The link posted above will be updated when things are set. You'll have to check it occasionally.

Normally the time lag between a hearing (as opposed to a pre-hearing) and a written decision is several months. Complex cases can take 6-9 months.

Back