Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

So true. Some people think it makes them appear cool I think, when in actuality it makes them appear like a ignoramus. I look forward to when the tower is done, and we can start referring to it by its actual address rather than it's marketing name.

No kidding. If a place has a monumentally stupid name and I had actually permitted myself to move there despite that fact, I'm pretty sure I'd be referring to it by its street address.

Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing this project rise.

This is such a welcoming sight:
IMG_0532.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 779
My favourite address is 986,044 Perth-Oxford Road, Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario. Not only is it the highest known address globally, its in a town known as Punkeydoodles Corners.

What difference does it make to the comfort of one's home? Would you refuse to live on a street that had a funny sounding name?

Now go an build a cottage here: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Bo...2!3m1!1s0x52a281df2a240703:0x72b26c02e3b030bf

Funny you should ask. I always wanted to live on Blong Avenue, because it's such a perfectly ridiculous name. When people ask me where I live, I would pronounce it grandly, as if it were a banged my a gong: Blonnnggggg! Yet names do matter. Don't you agree? I mean, why do you call yourself Armour - wouldn't Putty be just as good a name? If you don't care about names and stuff.

My favourite address is 986,044 Perth-Oxford Road, Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario. Not only is it the highest known address globally, its in a town known as Punkeydoodles Corners.

That's good - but my favourite would still be that small stretch of lane in Golant, south west England - Cowshit Lane. In 2000 an attempt to rename the stretch to Cowslip Lane was rejected by the residents, who were attached to the unique nature of their address.

http://www.salon.com/2000/06/01/england_3/

Funny you should ask. I always wanted to live on Blong Avenue, because it's such a perfectly ridiculous name. When people ask me where I live, I would pronounce it grandly, as if it were a banged my a gong: Blonnnggggg! Yet names do matter. Don't you agree? I mean, why do you call yourself Armour - wouldn't Putty be just as good a name? If you don't care about names and stuff.
I got my handle from an older gentleman I met at an outdoor dinner party (in the gated community I was staying in), last spring in Florida. He introduced himself to me and said his name was: Armour. I thought that was one of the most unusual names I've heard for a person, but I liked it. It sounded powerful. That was still fresh in my mind at the time I registered on UT, so I went with it.

Puddy would be preferable to Putty:

tumblr_mnb9jgtFS81s99m4bo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
"Putty" sounds messier - and somehow cruder - than "putty," to my ears - and besides, putty can be an admirably effective material. But hey - to each his own!

Perhaps in time Yonge & Rich will actually work as a name. All I know for certain is that I am not a member of the target demographic.

"Putty" sounds messier - and somehow cruder - than "putty," to my ears - and besides, putty can be an admirably effective material. But hey - to each his own!

Perhaps in time Yonge & Rich will actually work as a name. All I know for certain is that I am not a member of the target demographic.
To be clear: I think the name Yonge & Rich sounds just as idiotic as you think it does. I just believe that the name of a condo is terribly important; at least in the sense that it wouldn't deter me from living there (though I wouldn't live in any condo).

I'm sincere in this, I really don't get the degree of passion over the name, so inflamed in some that insults are being hurled my way. I don't think the marketing name will survive once people have moved in either, but I don't see it as more than a knowing, harmless, joke. Sure it's crass, and that's the joke. If that analysis makes me an ignoramus, I'm happy to be counted among those not smart enough to be raising my blood pressure over it.

For the record, my comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular. I have a lot of respect for you and other UT'ers. No need for family squabbles. ;-)

As for the name, I still think it's in poor taste but I think it will be a non issue in a few years when the name is changed to an actual address.

Last edited:
I guess I don't get the joke/nudge + wink vibe from it. I have no doubt that's what was intended, but I guess I just can't get past the doucheyness (douchyness?) of the name. But all in perspective. I am far more offended by the architecture of the HNR tower going up north of here on Dundas than I am by the name of this condo. The name is more of an occasional eye-roll thing when I walk by the sight site and see the sign. It's not really important in the big scheme of things.

Last edited:

Back