Toronto Yonge Eglinton Centre | ?m | 37s | RioCan | P + S / IBI

are they going to remove the media screen on the corner or it will stays ?

Looks like they are removing it:

IMG_20140610_083108.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140610_083108.jpg
    IMG_20140610_083108.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,967
That sign was pretty ugly.

It would be nice to get some kind of unique & recognizable signage here that could potentially be iconic in identifying Yonge-Eg and help create a sense of place. But maybe I'm being too hopeful.

Stock-Pike-Place-Sign1.jpg

Ah, Seattle. Now that's good sign! Don't hold your breath looking for new neon, but it would be great if Toronto developers spent more on better signage. There's so much that can be done with LED that's mostly being ignored here, and it's so seldom when attention is paid to the art of it here.

Ah, Seattle. Now that's good sign! Don't hold your breath looking for new neon, but it would be great if Toronto developers spent more on better signage. There's so much that can be done with LED that's mostly being ignored here, and it's so seldom when attention is paid to the art of it here.

Imagine something like that on our market (which is nicer too mind you, have been to both ; - ) ... kidding ...).

Front page update with lots of new photos is here, and speaking of signage, CBS Outdoor Canada has won the contract starting August 1st and going for 10 years to run all of the signage here.

That looks like one massive sign that they're going to put up there. I hope it's something nice, like a curved LED

Needed to go to Toys R Us to get something on a short notice basis on Sunday. Access with a stroller at present is best described as craptastic. No exterior signage indicating where you should go to access which levels. If you access on the upper level of Indigo there is no way down (unless there's an interior elevator in Indigo?)

There is no exterior access to the lower level/cinema apart from a lot of steps. Finally I figured out to go through the bottom level past the condo showroom to some elevators (nope, not signed either). Trouble is, there are two and if you get on the wrong one you need to go up four steps to get out again.

Not impressed at all. Yes, it's construction, temporary yadda yadda but that does not prevent the building from erecting clear and visible signage even to say "access only to this level (stores A/B/C/D), to access level X (stores E/F/G/H) enter via..."

There is an elevator near the staircases of north-west corner of the mall. I think there is one anyway. I seem to remember carrying groceries and bringing them down to basement parking using that staircase.

Back