Toronto Yonge Eglinton Centre | ?m | 37s | RioCan | P + S / IBI

I think the protestors just highlighted the very thing they seek to oppose - if not for their transient presence, the square would be pretty much dead ALL the time.

AoD

12:30: RioCan getting ready to pour boiling oil from the ramparts.
YongeEglintonCentre5.jpg

I think the protestors just highlighted the very thing they seek to oppose - if not for their transient presence, the square would be pretty much dead ALL the time.

AoD

Let's see how CTV and CP24 cover this. Are they going to closely focus their cameras on the crowd or will they show just how empty the square is today?

12:45: Where's the kid with the acoustic guitar? We need him to channel Woody Guthrie. (Note there actually was a kid with an acoustic guitar playing earlier. Might have gone back to the subway station.)
YongeEglintonCentre6.jpg

Rather than waste their time protesting this, which is going to be approved, they should come back next week and cross the street to protest the 6th Anniversary of the TTC closing the Y&E bus bays. 6 years of weeds and crumbling concrete is a major disgrace. 6 years of TTC fares rising while the TTC sits on the most valuable land all over the city.

That was one crazy-rowdy crowd. In my memory, that was the most busy the "square" has been.

I agree. There aren't many good patios in this part of town. Put a bar up there and let people watch the hustle and bustle of Yonge-Eg with a pint in hand.

Perhaps some of the protesters live in corner lots? So as I round Roselawn and Rosewell just now, I'm feeling rather tired.... Ha! The corner just happens to have a nice little patch of paved lawn--it's public space, right? Yeah, I'm gonna have my smoke break right here!

If I could use photoshop I'd show how all of the normal square actvity + the protest group could fit within the smaller sqare proposed by RioCan.

I don't care what they do as long as those dreadful vanity sculptures disappear permanently.

I'm sure places can be found for them gracing various apartment buildings along Balliol Street.

Seriously, if this is the best these protesters can do, I don't think Karen Stintz has much to worry about. It compares pretty poorly to the anti-Minto uproar of a few years ago.

Back