Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I had made a guess in another thread, that this was going to be in the range of 60 storeys. At first we had thought this proposal would be 55 floors. But with all the other highrise development in the area it would be in the interest of the developer to push their luck.

If I was a betting man, I'd say they might try for an extra 5.

55 storeys right here. This one's really going to stand out. Interestingly, there was an app. to put up a 10 storey bldg on this property in 1999.

460yonge.jpg

About the earlier comment about making CP into a highrise (i messed up the quotation link)

Blame the stock market crash in 1929 otherwise CP would have been something much better. IIRC the original plan for College Park when construction started in 1928 called for 38 stories
here is the original 1928 "render" haha

mZgrn6

love this render!

Ok.....who was that betting man? And will he tell me this week's lottery numbers (Before I buy the ticket)? LOL

60 Storeys it is.

OPA / Rezoning 11 296426 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Oct 20, 2011 Application Submitted Oct 20, 2011 Residential Apartments Henstock, Sarah
416-392-7196
Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for a new mixed use building , 60 stories in height complete with 3 levels of commercial/office space, 599 residential units above and 196 parking spaces in a below grade parking structure

200 meters, just barely. If we're using 88 Scott and 501 Yonge as example, both in the upper fifties and just touching below 200 meters...

Granted/ 501 has above ground parking.

Ok.....who was that betting man? And will he tell me this week's lottery numbers (Before I buy the ticket)? LOL

60 Storeys it is.

- Tor & E.York Oct 20, 2011 Application Submitted Oct 20, 2011 Residential Apartments Henstock, Sarah
416-392-7196
Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for a new mixed use building , 60 stories in height complete with 3 levels of commercial/office space, 599 residential units above and 196 parking spaces in a below grade parking structure

whoa....60!!

60 Storeys it is.

416-392-7196

Huh:confused:..this has already been posted a week ago

My apologies AG (and to Mongo)

I see that now.

I just came across it; then checked the most recent page here to see if anyone has posted it.

I saw all those references to 55-storeys still, and assumed no one had (it was on the the previous page).

60 Storeys it is.

416-392-7196

Only 196 parking spaces.

Assuming that a certain number of parking spaces will be reserved for the commercial/office component, only a small number of parking spaces will be available for the residential component.

Therefore, am I correct to assume that most of the residential units will be small with no parking ? Karma II?

Only 196 parking spaces.

Assuming that a certain number of parking spaces will be reserved for the commercial/office component, only a small number of parking spaces will be available for the residential component.

Therefore, am I correct to assume that most of the residential units will be small with no parking ? Karma II?

same with the pontarini-designed gloucester tower (which i believe has even less parking). i think these low parking projects present a good solution to the traffic problem but the subway systems are already crazy busy during rush hour periods and i just can't see how they will be able to handle all these new area residents (speaking to the yonge/bloor node in particular).

There are fewer and fewer reasons to own a car if you live downtown. Decent public transit, car rental agencies, car sharing and hopefully the new auto equivalent of Bixi Bikes being rolled out in Paris shortly. Electric cars parked at stations across the city and if you want one just swipe your credit card and drive away. The guy at Budget yesterday told me that over the years they'll be getting rid of their traditional storefront operations and installing vending machine type terminals in their place.

Back