Toronto Y&S Condos | 130.77m | 38s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

one floor only matters to me, if by adding that floor a building can be 300m+ otherwise its not a big deal and shouldn't be a big deal for planning too. I don't care if they took one floor off of this building.

So the city should be run based on online forumers’ arbitrary building thresholds but not metrics such as density and capacity for servicing ... anyway yonge and eglinton continues its densification

one floor only matters to me, if by adding that floor a building can be 300m+ otherwise its not a big deal and shouldn't be a big deal for planning too. I don't care if they took one floor off of this building.

I don't want to argue. I just want you to consider thinking about it. You are the one to post about the one floor reduction and how the tower should stay at 36 storeys. It does matter to you.

It could be trivial or it may not be trivial. On top of what @Yegger posted, that one floor may be the difference to casting a shadow on a public space (which should always take precedence over private owned spaces in the sky) and not casting a shadow.

IMG_20181219_124213_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181219_124320_HDR.jpg

Keep it simple G+C. You just don't have the talent. The tower is fine. The podium is a dysfunctional mess. I can accept the overwrought stepped design. The sheer curtain glass is plain awful.

Even the solid / precast-clad areas only look good because it’s a rendering. G&C ensures a crappy final product with poor detailing.

Agreed about the “curtain wall” (not holding my breath) part of the podium, though. Why would they tack that on? The rest of the podium expression is fine and should just continue to the north property line. No need to tack on a blank glass doodad.

aA HAS the talent. I can't comment on Art Shoppe. It's been a long time since I looked at its progress. The renderings were much better than this.

Thank God the rendering looks pretty much the same ! Let's hope they use a dark glazed or Mirror look for the windows. That would really make this building pop out !

Back