Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Does anyone have any idea as to why Great Gulf held off selling the podium suites? Is there something special about them? To my mind I'd think they'd want to unload those first as I find them less desirable than a tower suite.

I agree with you. Is the podium the new penthouse? When did this happen. They used to be the "dog suites". Let's see if pepole fall for the marketing strategy....

I agree with you. Is the podium the new penthouse? When did this happen. They used to be the "dog suites". Let's see if pepole fall for the marketing strategy....

I spoke with the Sales Rep last week and she said GG thought X2 sold under priced. So they think it is very likely the Podum suites would sell very well and a much higher price. I asked if there was anything special about these suites (ie higher ceiling floors, better finishes) her response was No. But apparently GG is very confident they will sell very well.

I spoke with the Sales Rep last week and she said GG thought X2 sold under priced. So they think it is very likely the Podum suites would sell very well and a much higher price. I asked if there was anything special about these suites (ie higher ceiling floors, better finishes) her response was No. But apparently GG is very confident they will sell very well.

Sounds like a good reason for adding more floors.

Many prefer to buy into suites that are lower and closer to the ground and that's fine. What I find problematic about X2's podium suites is that this corner is extremely noisy from all the traffic and sound bouncing off the Rogers buildings. The five or so podium floors face one of three directions at Jarvis and Charles Sts., south which I think will be a little noisy from Jarvis Street traffic, east which will be a noise tunnel and onto Charles Street which is another fast and noisy street. With some luck the Jarvis Street corridor improvements (including loosing the centre lane) may tame the traffic speeds and absorb some of the traffic noise, time will tell.

The west end of the X2 site where the sales office can be seen in pink, photographed from above. This is roughly where the X2 tower will be stand, the podium and retail will be closer to Jarvis behind X.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Many prefer to buy into suites that are lower and closer to the ground and that's fine. What I find problematic about X2's podium suites is that this corner is extremely noisy from all the traffic and sound bouncing off the Rogers buildings. The five or so podium floors face one of three directions at Jarvis and Charles Sts., south which I think will be a little noisy from Jarvis Street traffic, east which will be a noise tunnel and onto Charles Street which is another fast and noisy street. With some luck the Jarvis Street corridor improvements (including loosing the centre lane) may tame the traffic speeds and absorb some of the traffic noise, time will tell.

Agreed. I did not buy the east side but west because of the noise from Jarvis Traffic, so podium floors will be worse.

Is X3 going on site of the parking lot behind X2? Then X4 where the Gerstein Centre is today? (Perhaps X3/4 could be a bit shorter, say 25 floors and 20 floors.)

If I'm reading the site plan properly it looks like a laneway & parking entrance/exit will run along the south side of the complex adjacent to the parking ramp at 550 Jarvis

Maybe they sold the tower units (the better units and the bulk of the building) to secure financing... then they can slowly sell of the podium, even at the higher price/sq.ft.

Here is the podium Price List. Averaging 540 psf, as noted in the earlier post. Prices are a bit higher than initial release, and these lower floors are selling at what the high floors sold at, inclusive of floor premium. I think they will sell well.

Attachments

• x2 podium pricing.jpg
    x2 podium pricing.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 216
Is there really a market for an 800 Sqft 1 bedroom + den for $440k on the 3rd floor? Some of the pricing is mind boggling but I guess, if people are buying then it's all gravy.

Thanks for the price list!

Back