Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

I'm impressed to see GG building 'real' walls as balcony dividers
Click to Enlarge Image

i noticed that the dividing slab doesn't reach the end of the balcony.
are they putting frosted glass and spanderal to mimic the rest of the building there?

balcony dividers

i noticed that the dividing slab doesn't reach the end of the balcony.
are they putting frosted glass and spanderal to mimic the rest of the building there?

Hi CDR108,

Yes..I spoke with the construction office and was told the remaining 2 feet will be the frosted glass...only thing is one person told me right to the ceiling , another said 6 feet up...either way it will be "almost" a private "loggia" style balcony! I love it!

Hi CDR108,

Yes..I spoke with the construction office and was told the remaining 2 feet will be the frosted glass...only thing is one person told me right to the ceiling , another said 6 feet up...either way it will be "almost" a private "loggia" style balcony! I love it!

The fine details continue, very impressive.
I do have to wonder however how drywall will hold up over time with exposure to the elements.

The fine details continue, very impressive.
I do have to wonder however how drywall will hold up over time with exposure to the elements.

let's hope they are using water-resistant drywall or Concrete Backerboard board that is 100-percent waterproof.

Last edited:
Hi CDR108,

Hi All:
Does anyone have a sense as to whether or not GGH will keep the March 2010occupancy date? The construction is really coming along... XBOYZ, do u have a sense since you spoke to the construction office? Where is the construction office anyway?

Hi All:
Does anyone have a sense as to whether or not GGH will keep the March 2010occupancy date? The construction is really coming along... XBOYZ, do u have a sense since you spoke to the construction office? Where is the construction office anyway?

Hi Imti...May 2010 is what they told me last week when I was there..and that is of course for the lower floors...the higher floors are looking at approx. autumn/winter for occupancy. The Tucker construction office is above the X Sales office (top floor in the victorian house where x is....but from what I understand..not much longer either..!)

let's hope they are using water-resistant drywall or Concrete Backerboard board that is 100-percent waterproof.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for the answer.

dt_toronto_geek thank-you so much for your amazing pics!!

Your welcome, I enjoy doing it. Look forward to more in the weeks to come. I think I've finally settled on a new camera with which I can change lenses when needed so hopefully I can put up better photos soon.

Hi Imti...May 2010 is what they told me last week when I was there..and that is of course for the lower floors...the higher floors are looking at approx. autumn/winter for occupancy. The Tucker construction office is above the X Sales office (top floor in the victorian house where x is....but from what I understand..not much longer either..!)

Thank-you XBOYZ...I appreciate the information.

October 3rd

3 floors left to go + mech.
From Jarvis south of Wellesley, and Charles St. E., in front of Casa. Sorry about the focus in the 2nd shot, standing on Jarvis Street to get a photograph can be a dangerous affair so it has to be quick.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thankx dt_toronto_geek. I was at Charles/Yonge today...X is really making a mark and statement!! Love the slender and elegant look!! Looks much better than CASA.

cdr108 said:

That makes perfect sense, thanks for the answer.

no problems dt ...
i'm not sure if they are/aren't using the waterproof stuff but you would hope that's something they would think about considering the attention to detail so far ...

looking very tall now - pic by sammo at SSC....

3974849197_5cb3378874_b.jpg

Wow, looks beautiful! I cannot wait to see how they treat the landscaping around the golf range and new sidewalks.

I was looking at X and Casa from a friends place in Spire and X is only a few floors from reaching Casa's height.

Back