Markham World on Yonge | ?m | 31s | Liberty Development | Kirkor Architects

Big Hole, 2 cranes up and lots of equipment on soggy day.
No workers to be seen today.
5762150379_329b8b2723_z.jpg

5762149539_dd377f86ae_z.jpg

5762148959_82657cf023_z.jpg

5762691748_1a937010cc_z.jpg

5762148513_575a401e67_z.jpg

It will be interesting to see if this excavation is to be as deep as the Hullmark Centre.

The area of the site is about the same.

I am in love with this. That entire area needs a complete revamp. There is another site east of Yonge north of Finch in the form of a strip plaza anchored by a Food Basics that is just screaming to be "densified" into a condo. I hope that happens soon.

I am in love with this. That entire area needs a complete revamp. There is another site east of Yonge north of Finch in the form of a strip plaza anchored by a Food Basics that is just screaming to be "densified" into a condo. I hope that happens soon.

That site is NewtonBrook Plaza--they have received over a dozen offers/LOI's in the last 3 years that I know of. Two came from me. They not looking to sell now. At one time they stated they would like to get the approvals themself and become a silent partner when they sell...but not for a long time.

Investican:

There was a plan for the plaza that was posted on the City of Toronto website a year or so ago--perhaps that was one of yours.

It might have been discussed here, I am a little fuzzy on it now. It showed several towers and retail. But about a year later the Food Basics did a major revamp of the exterior; it was obvious no new development was taking place soon.

Interesting observations investican, you are obviously an insider to this one.

I was informed that Food Basics extended their lease for 5 years + an option for 5 more.

With the area developing at an impressive rate (Condos along Yonge/Transportation/dozens of infill projects in the imediate vicinity etc.) --I don't see them selling anytime soon for it has very impressive revenue and they have no debt on the property. I could see them waiting atleast 4-5 years but I'm simply speculating.

FTR, I was Brokering the deal for two partners on this property. Not purchasing it myself.

I was informed that Food Basics extended their lease for 5 years + an option for 5 more.

With the area developing at an impressive rate (Condos along Yonge/Transportation/dozens of infill projects in the imediate vicinity etc.) --I don't see them selling anytime soon for it has very impressive revenue and they have no debt on the property. I could see them waiting atleast 4-5 years but I'm simply speculating.

FTR, I was Brokering the deal for two partners on this property. Not purchasing it myself.

Do you know of any other sites that wants to sell but are searching for investors?

UD - Check PM

This construction site is HUGE! It's full of people and machines, and frequent dump trucks leaving! A construction worker there said it's the largest project ever in York Region, and it sure shows.

This building's going to have a huge impact on the Thornhill skyline and will be visible from an enormous distance, because it's on the top of a hill.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There is now. Actually from a far this will look to be part of the NYCC skyline. Though it'll look much larger then anything else.

How big is the mall being build here ? Pretty big it seems

^Theres a Thornhill skyline??

Well, not so much one skyline as a couple clusters. I was thinking of the view looking south from Richmond Hill Centre: a cluster of towers around the Bathurst and Centre (15 towers) and a line along Yonge (including 10 towers in Thornhill). World on Yonge would join the latter, but stand out a lot.

Final Phase: Parkside Towers @ World on Yonge - 2 towers @ 27 and 18 storeys
WOY_parkside_render.jpg

3rd Floor Amenities + Roof Terrace
WOY_parkside_amenities.jpg

The Site Plan
WOY_parkside_siteplan.jpg

In summary:
  • Bldg A1: World on Yonge (north), residential + L1/L2 retail, 31s
  • Bldg A2: World on Yonge (south), residential + L1/L2 retail, 31s
  • Bldg B1: Parkside Towers (west), residential + L1 retail, 27s
  • Bldg B2: Parkside Towers (east), residential + L1 retail, 18s
  • Bldg C: Hotel & Office, 20s

MODs ... a thought :):
World on Yonge (Yonge & Meadowview, Liberty Dev Co, 2x 31 + 27 + 20 + 18s, Kirkor)

Back