Toronto Weston Park Development | 172.13m | 50s | Castlepoint Numa | SvN

New information updated to the database. Total unit count changed from 927 units to 1032 units. Height changed from 172.13m & 151.28m to 173.03m & 156.23m. Total car parking changed from 226 parking to 222 parking. Finally, the total bike parking increased from 939 bike parking to 1043 bike parking.

Info taken from arch plan via rezoning submission.

Last edited:
From the Cover Letter:

1694567613684.png

1694567642987.png

1694567667010.png

1694567694813.png

Notable here, as illustrated below is a separation distance of 20M

1694567797201.png

The City did express concerns which were addressed by dropping all projecting balconies from this face of this building.

Hmmmmm

1694567921914.png

Ok, I mucked through the drawings, I'm satisfied with PMA's conclusions here. I can see how to further boost soil volume, but only in spots where it's already adequate.

My only concern would be species selection, particularly in areas of shallow soil depth.

Also, more Acer Freemans. Maybe time for a moratorium on those. (see Waterfront Promenade)

1694567983502.png

1694568010593.png

Included Renders:

1694568489176.png

1694568536184.png

1694568590073.png

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to development. Can someone clarify that this means that there will be a motion to a council (city council or community Council?) For it to be finally approved. And such approval is being recommended by the city planning department? Thanks in advance!
Sorry for such a late reply, but…

Community Council gets to look at these reports first, with the idea that in most cases their smaller body can work out any issues there, so that the entire City Council is saved from having to debate and fine tune most applications (leaving them time to debate thornier, thougher issues). Nothing is finally approved though, until City Council gives its blessing, but as most applications arrive at City Council with Community Council having worked out most details already, most times City Council rubber stamps the Community Council recommendation without debate.

This Decision Report did go to Etobicoke York Community Council on November 13 with a recommendation from City Planning staff that it be approved. Community Council did adopt it, but with one amendment, added at the bottom of this page, before they sent it on to City Council.

City Council will consider the amended report on December 13.

Sorry for such a late reply, but…

Community Council gets to look at these reports first, with the idea that in most cases their smaller body can work out any issues there, so that the entire City Council is saved from having to debate and fine tune most applications (leaving them time to debate thornier, thougher issues). Nothing is finally approved though, until City Council gives its blessing, but as most applications arrive at City Council with Community Council having worked out most details already, most times City Council rubber stamps the Community Council recommendation without debate.

This Decision Report did go to Etobicoke York Community Council on November 13 with a recommendation from City Planning staff that it be approved. Community Council did adopt it, but with one amendment, added at the bottom of this page, before they sent it on to City Council.

City Council will consider the amended report on December 13.

Thank you so much! Now I understand the whole process a lot better :)

Thank you so much! Now I understand the whole process a lot better :)
Just confirming that City Council did adopt this on December 13 without further amendments!

Back