Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

August 2 2009 update

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

Shorter podium building now completed for West Harbour City 1 ~
IMG_1415.jpg

Construction well underway (on 6th floor) for West Harbour City 2 ~ :D
IMG_1416.jpg

I am assuming that for phase 1, the purchasers have already gone in to do their colour selections etc. How are the interior finishings for this product?
Anybody able to comment?

Thanks

Fleet street is going to have a massive streetwall, though I'm guessing it won't have retail. That would just make too much sense.

Colour

I am assuming that for phase 1, the purchasers have already gone in to do their colour selections etc. How are the interior finishings for this product?
Anybody able to comment?

Thanks

We picked our colour a while back. The options were nice and looked like they were good quality. I have no complaints, as they are pretty good for standard finishings. A few months back we had an option to upgrade our tiling, whether it be kitchen or bathroom. I did not go ahead with that, as to me it seemed like a lot of $$$. That's just my opinion.
Are you thinking of getting in to WHC phase 1 or phase 2?

Regards,

Jack

Fleet street is going to have a massive streetwall, though I'm guessing it won't have retail. That would just make too much sense

I assume you won't like this but, yeah, retail already exists on Fleet. Although, you can probably still bitch about the type of retail setting up shop.

P.S. I hope you were only in a rush and not that you are just getting lazy with your responses. Your usually rants and raves are atleast colourful and amusing. This is just Grandpa Simpson and we have enough of that here.

I am looking at phase 2. I thought Plazacorp was a 'no upgrade' builder. I was told what comes standard is already 'fully upgraded' and there were no upgrade options.

Were you aware that they would be offering tiling upgrades? What was the difference between the standard / upgrade / cost?

Thanks,

We picked our colour a while back. The options were nice and looked like they were good quality. I have no complaints, as they are pretty good for standard finishings. A few months back we had an option to upgrade our tiling, whether it be kitchen or bathroom. I did not go ahead with that, as to me it seemed like a lot of $$$. That's just my opinion.
Are you thinking of getting in to WHC phase 1 or phase 2?

Regards,

Jack

Colour

I am looking at phase 2. I thought Plazacorp was a 'no upgrade' builder. I was told what comes standard is already 'fully upgraded' and there were no upgrade options.

Were you aware that they would be offering tiling upgrades? What was the difference between the standard / upgrade / cost?

Thanks,

There were some fancier and harder to get tiles. They were slight upgrades but I think what the builder offered as standard was more than sufficient. These upgrades were offered from the supplier and not plazacorp. There were some nice backsplash upgrades, however, to me they seemed pricey. Also, you had the option to change your colours within what came standard, but that was at a charge. Nothing really special.

Jack

Last edited:
There were some fancier and harder to get tiles. They were slight upgrades but I think what the builder offered as standard was more than sufficient. These upgrades were offered from the supplier and not plazacorp. There were some nice backsplash upgrades, however, to me they seemed pricey. Also, you had the option to change your colours within what came standard, but that was at a charge. Nothing really special.

Jack

I would have though colour selection was a 'no fee' option. So if you are not looking to pay extra you really dont need to go in then? You mentioned the upgrades and choice of colours were additional cost items?

Colour

I would have though colour selection was a 'no fee' option. So if you are not looking to pay extra you really dont need to go in then? You mentioned the upgrades and choice of colours were additional cost items?

Colour is a 'no fee' option and if I was satisfied with my colours, however, when I signed for the condo, I had not met my wife, so we went in to see the colours I had picked years ago. We chose not to upgrade, as we were happy with what we had. The upgrades or changes were at additional $$$, yes. No need to go in if happy with original selection.

Jack

Upgrades are available...

I did upgrade some things in my Kitchen and bathrooms. I put tile on the ceiling of both showers, got a jacuzzi tub instead of the deep soaker, extra marble tiles around the bathtub, upgraded main bath with some tiles that were awesome! Spent $9,000 more here.
Then upgraded my kitchen with Paris Kitchens. Soft close drawers, Pot drawers, extended cabinet above fridge, put in 2 pantries for storage, etc. The upgrades here cost me $10,000.

I did upgrade some things in my Kitchen and bathrooms. I put tile on the ceiling of both showers, got a jacuzzi tub instead of the deep soaker, extra marble tiles around the bathtub, upgraded main bath with some tiles that were awesome! Spent $9,000 more here.
Then upgraded my kitchen with Paris Kitchens. Soft close drawers, Pot drawers, extended cabinet above fridge, put in 2 pantries for storage, etc. The upgrades here cost me $10,000.

Thanks for the input! Does anybody know if whats included with phase 1 is the same as phase 2? I was under the impression that there were NO upgrades for phase 2!

Sounds like the upgrades were a reasonable cost but want to clarify whats going on with Phase 2!

There would still be upgrades available

There would still be upgrades available for your kitchen and in terms of other marbles, etc...The only thing that Phase 2 has that Phase 1 doesn't is the fireplace which is available to Phase 1 people but at an extra cost. I didn't ask what the cost was because if I decide to put one in I'll choose my own.:)

There would still be upgrades available for your kitchen and in terms of other marbles, etc...The only thing that Phase 2 has that Phase 1 doesn't is the fireplace which is available to Phase 1 people but at an extra cost. I didn't ask what the cost was because if I decide to put one in I'll choose my own.:)

Interesting. I will have to clarify with the sales centre as they said no additional upgrades. How were the standard materials. I know some builders use really cheapo stuff 'forcing' you to upgrade if you want any hope of selling the unit at a good price!

I think I looked into similar fireplaces and they were 1500-2000...

The standards are really good quality...

The problem is that kitchens don't come with things like pot drawers or spice racks or soft close drawers...same with marble and granite....if they are rarer than the sky is the limit.

Anyone know if the Loblaws / super centre is supposed to still be going up where the old warehouse is just east of this building. I have heard conflicting reports?

Back