Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

3668646441_25a1607974.jpg

"pirate" by picturenarrative on flickr
(not me)

Last edited:
Beautiful. Thanks Grey.

Great photo Grey! I really like the little details on this building and I hope they keep it going with the rooftop. If only this was the 30's and the building was covered in limestone.

Great photo Grey! I really like the little details on this building and I hope they keep it going with the rooftop. If only this was the 30's and the building was covered in limestone.

Your comment reflects what upsets me with a lot of new buildings. Precast is used where much nicer materials and stone would have been used if said buildings were completed in years past. I know not every condo can be clad in expensive granites and stones, but I just feel that a lot of designs turn into precast nightmares when they could have been built with more appealing materials.

Great Pirate Photo !!

Just wanted to chime in and add my comments - that's a great picture grey. Where were you located when you took the shot?

I just bought one of the units with a north facing terrace in the shot - looking forward to Jan/Feb next year and moving in...

This is why photos should always be linked to the original source, not just named. The photo was not taken by grey.

Just wanted to chime in and add my comments - that's a great picture grey. Where were you located when you took the shot?

I just bought one of the units with a north facing terrace in the shot - looking forward to Jan/Feb next year and moving in...

You don't think the garnier will be too loud? I ask because I'm contemplating a north facing unit as well.

Everything is relative - I'm sure I'll hear some traffic noise but hey - this is downtown Toronto. The south side will have the Lakeshore and will hear the Streetcars so I figure there will be noise to some degree on all sides.

There is another building zoned to be eventually built between Phase 1 and the Gardiner at some point. Immediately north of Phase I, it is supposed to be at least 10 stories if not higher which will act to block some of the noise.

I'm currently at Spadina / Lakeshore / Gardiner and have on and off ramps + Lots of Streetcars so I figure WHC will certainly be less noisy that where I am now and I'm very used to it.

I also tend to have my fan on inside my unit for air circulation which acts as white noise in the background. All things considered, I'm not expecting my unit to be that noisy. (I'll be on the 18th level.)

Last edited:
/\ I love your attitude towards city living - very refreshing! Too often people complain about all the things they 'didn't know' about their building (like Cityplace residents, for whom the Gardiner is shown as a glassy strip in the sales center - go outside and have a look!), but your views towards sound and future phases of construction are very mature.

When should we expect to see the art frieze (the installation) going around these buildings?

Cheaped out on the podium I see ... the precast doesn't have the brick motif

/\ I love your attitude towards city living - very refreshing! Too often people complain about all the things they 'didn't know' about their building (like Cityplace residents, for whom the Gardiner is shown as a glassy strip in the sales center - go outside and have a look!), but your views towards sound and future phases of construction are very mature.

That fellow is simply intelligent and informed, that's what is most refreshing.

When should we expect to see the art frieze (the installation) going around these buildings?

That's what I've been wondering too. I assume it will be one of the last things put up so it doesn't get damaged. I'm really interested to see how the artist pulled off the whole constellation thing.

Back