Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Pic taken June 14, 2013

fLxeYOS.jpg

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3394850

500 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Application to construct an 8 storey commercial building of approximately 21,031 square metres fronting onto Lake Shore Blvd West, with two residential towers at the rear. The residential towers will be 37 and 41 storeys in height containing 840 dwelling units in total with a residential gross floor area of 54,830 square metres. Five levels of underground parking is proposed with a total of 859 parking spaces.

This is news to me! Two towers in conjunction with the commercial space? This should be interesting. Were we expecting a residential component here?

Um what... 8 storey commercial building? That doesn't bode well considering the existing warehouse is only 4 storeys. Throw in the issue of that underground parking and I guess the best that can be hoped for is a facade "reconstruction" with another 4 storeys tacked on top.

And those residential towers would have to be pretty slim if they're behind the 8 storey commercial.

Unless the towers were to take up a substantial portion of the footprint of the warehouse building near the back half, and the facade will wrap around? Trying to imagine how the site plan could possibly be layed out to include two towers.

Unless the towers were to take up a substantial portion of the footprint of the warehouse building near the back half, and the facade will wrap around? Trying to imagine how the site plan could possibly be layed out to include two towers.

FYI that is ~ 225,000 square feet of office space ... nearly the same as MLS. So something similar maybe for this location.

You know what I would love to see, Loblaws move their HQ here from Brampton ! They never would but .... one can dream ...
Or shoppers ! (they're located near the 401 and 404).

Rumours only........Loblaws is thinking of moving some of their HQ functions to this site.

Its my understanding it is/was under consideration.

I have no idea what this would look like, and first I've heard of residential being involved.

If I remember correctly, that was mentioned at the public meeting held a few years back. There is supposed to be another meeting in the near future. Interesting, though, that this application was made the same day as the Shopper's acquisition was announced.

FYI that is ~ 225,000 square feet of office space ... nearly the same as MLS. So something similar maybe for this location.

Personally I think another MLS type mixed use facility at this location would add tremendous value to the community. Just a little concerned about it being 8 storeys and how well the design would need to transition between the heritage facade and the new construction above.

Back