Mississauga Wesley Tower at Daniels City Centre | ?m | 43s | Daniels | Rafael + Bigauskas

DJI_0948 (2).JPG

the area between confederation and duke of york isnt so bad. I think that due chiefly to the grid street pattern and relatively narrow streets. I can see that part accquiring an increasingly urban feel. but everything east of the mall is a mess for the time being.

Confederation Parkway looks very much like a real downtown, and will even more so when Avia is complete. The area that doesn't is the oldest area around Hurontario St.

They messed up with that linear park along Burnhamthorpe IMO.

Took a walk through the alleyway between this and the adjacent Daniels building today and was not too sure what to make of the townhouses at the ground level. The older side of the alleyway I think looks great due to the use of pavers for the beds that have aged nicely and were properly installed, the trees that have now matured, the setback and height above grade. Having seen other condos in the area like PSV1 or Pinnacle Uptown that used beds made of concrete poured into molds, that are already cracking and becoming pretty severely discolored just after a few years, don't think this new side is going to age anywhere near as well as the other. Looks like they have yet to install the railings in front of each unit but even afterward, the fact that there are no steps and they're right at ground level will probably make them look quite messy once people put their possessions out front.
20201224_141655.jpg
20201224_141716.jpg

Back