Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Odd that they haven't started the cladding even though the buildings seem to have reached the top floor.

Not just the cladding apparently. One has to wonder why the rest of the sky bridge is stalled.

Pictures from Tuesday and Wednesday this week, the last of the tower cranes is loaded out.

Pier_272.jpg

DSCN1528.jpg

DSCN1593.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa that's the best angle we got of Waterlink, thank you SkyJacked!

Why did they take the crane down before the bridge on the west side is completed? That doesn't make sense to me.

Whoa that's the best angle we got of Waterlink, thank you SkyJacked!

Why did they take the crane down before the bridge on the west side is completed? That doesn't make sense to me.

They used a mobile crane to assemble the first piece of bridge. On August 29th on page 105 of this thread, androiduk posted some nice pictures of the work. They assemble large truss segments on the ground and join them together in the air. Most tower cranes wouldn’t have the muscle to do it.

Here's another with the boys at the top of the tower.

DSCN1579.jpg

Last edited:
No, it doesn't make sense. Glazing regularly goes up on buildings where concrete is still being poured.

It's the overhead work here that is unusual, and it is one of the factors that has held up the installation of glass. This is way more complicated than just pouring more concrete.

It's the overhead work here that is unusual, and it is one of the factors that has held up the installation of glass. This is way more complicated than just pouring more concrete.

You sure about that, or just guessing? I've heard the glass installation is stopped for a different reason

I've heard the glass installation is stopped for a different reason
Isn't this forum to discuss and share information? If you know something about the reason for not installing the glass , please share it with us.

Back