Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

Add nail salons to that list, and lately dental clinics

Like how many root canals can we have anyways?

At least a Shoppers is something that has foot traffic in and out and provides a valuable amenity to people living in a neighbourhood, unlike the other two on that list...

At their markup it's definitely an "amenity".

AoD

The person that told me about the Shoppers also mentioned that it’s opening is part of a process involving the Loblaw’s site.

The person that told me about the Shoppers also mentioned that it’s opening is part of a process involving the Loblaw’s site.
Unless something drastic has changed recently (ie: the past couple months which I doubt), Loblaws/Choice arent making any moves regarding the Lower Jarvis/Queens Quay location (ie: no redevelopment at the moment or in the imminent future). Even if there's some kind of zoning play that pops up, redevelopment wont happen for a VERY long time. Their pipeline is quite large, and unless they are shifting around priorities, the Queens Quay flagship wont be moving.

Now with regards to the Shoppers I dont get having one at this location, when there's one literally right up the street on Jarvis. It would've made more sense to locate one closer to Bay/Yonge but I guess there's the problem of where since there's real suitable space available.

I can’t explain what was meant by the comment other than it is a very large site that can be built or sold in phases! But you are right to be skeptical as the info that I got is from someone involved in the Shoppers project at a trades level.

As for Shoppers they base the density of locations on population density which is significant both in St. Lawrence and in East Bayfront and going much higher so I wouldn’t be too surprised by another one. And there may be density enough now for a third east of Parliament.

Last edited:
Unless something drastic has changed recently (ie: the past couple months which I doubt), Loblaws/Choice arent making any moves regarding the Lower Jarvis/Queens Quay location (ie: no redevelopment at the moment or in the imminent future). Even if there's some kind of zoning play that pops up, redevelopment wont happen for a VERY long time. Their pipeline is quite large, and unless they are shifting around priorities, the Queens Quay flagship wont be moving.

Now with regards to the Shoppers I dont get having one at this location, when there's one literally right up the street on Jarvis. It would've made more sense to locate one closer to Bay/Yonge but I guess there's the problem of where since there's real suitable space available.

I had hoped they would at least give the outside of the QQE flagship some TLC. Some cleaning / painting of the facade panels, and some lighting / landscaping improvements around the perimeter would go a long way.

Back