Toronto Victory Condos | ?m | 12s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

The success of the look depends on the building. The unpainted concrete looks perfect on the nearby 10 Morrison Street. The painted concrete on 75 Portland looks dull.

Some people prefer kraft velveeta slices to St. Andre triple creme brie. There's no accounting for taste.

If anyone offered to drop and drywall, for free, my gorgeous concrete 10' ceilings, I'd drop them before they could say cheese.

Some people prefer kraft velveeta slices to St. Andre triple creme brie. There's no accounting for taste.

If anyone offered to drop and drywall, for free, my gorgeous concrete 10' ceilings, I'd drop them before they could say cheese.

There's also people who just want tap water but end up ordering fiji water instead because other people have brainwashed them into believing it's trendier. There's no accounting for pretentiousness.

If anyone offered to scrape the paint off my walls, ceilings, pillars, etc and expose the concrete underneath to give my condo that "I live in a factory" feeling, for free, I would drop them as well.

So really this comes down to:

a) If you like exposed concrete, buy in a building which offers it.
b) If you dislike exposed concrete, don't buy in a building which offers it.

I doubt it comes down to pretentiousness as much as it does subjective taste.

There's also people who just want tap water but end up ordering fiji water instead because other people have brainwashed them into believing it's trendier. There's no accounting for pretentiousness.

If anyone offered to scrape the paint off my walls, ceilings, pillars, etc and expose the concrete underneath to give my condo that "I live in a factory" feeling, for free, I would drop them as well.

I drink tap water, and there is nothing pretentious about letting concrete be concrete.

St Andre is delicious, but if I'm making a grilled cheese sandwich to dunk in some tomato soup, you better believe I'm reaching for the Kraft Singles. Context is important, and a choice that works well in one context may be wrong for another.

Fair enough, but I still prefer cheese to 'cheese products'. I get the $4.99 bricks of montery jack or mozza for grilled cheese myself.

The St. Andre comment (apart from the cheese being one of my favourites), was a sort of 'sir, could you pass the grey poupon' comment to provoke the rob ford types who feel threatened by things they don't understand.

Last edited:
The St. Andre comment (apart from the cheese being one of my favourites), was a sort of 'sir, could you pass the grey poupon' comment to provoke the rob ford types who feel threatened by things they don't understand.

That's funny, since your response was to a post you clearly didn't understand. You must be a rob ford type ;)

Loving the yellow door.

7606633594_3d6e6354bf_b.jpg

Back