Kitchener Victoria and Park | 129.25m | 38s | Dov Capital | IBI Group

emphurent

Member Bio
Reaction score
A large scale proposal in early stages near Downtown Kitchener. Note that the developer name in the title is the one listed on the architectural documents, there are many numbered companies named as this seems to be a combined effort between many property owners.

This stretch of Victoria has been seeing a lot of attention the past few years with Garment Street Condos almost complete very near this site.

This brand new proposal would be of a much larger scale than that one, with three towers at heights of 38s, 36s and 25s.

The corner at the moment is host to a myriad of buildings with an unfriendly urban scale, one notable one in the middle of the development contains many workshop spaces in an old warehouse.

1635282889534.png

The initial renderings show a lot of promise, if this was to actually happen. The architect on record is IBI. A much warmer scheme than usually seen from them. It's rather sad that one of Toronto's famously mediocre architecture firm is wiping the floor with the plainly bad firms in the region. This rendering is from the same perspective as the photo above, rather hard imaging that awful parking lot as a nice patio.

(Source)
attachment.php

Garment Street Condos in context look short in comparison.

attachment.php
attachment.php

If you enjoy reading the documents, they are all here. A little tidbit is a note of future development in the architectural documents.

1635283476142.png

Last edited:
Dammit emphur this was my next post but I was at work! You got the cool one and I got the potential cult apparently.

Edit: also looks like this was double posted lol

Still waiting on your drewlo thread! 😂

Damn my first thread and I missed out by 11 minutes! 🤣

I waited a day in case anyone wanted to jump on it, sorry! 😅

Back