Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

Hey everyone!
I want to thank you all for all the legwork you have done and the time you all spent digging into this disaster if a situation. I am truly concerned and I’m feeling pessimistic about the future of this project… I was wondering if anyone who connected with Globe and Mail has the contact info for the reporter you spoke to. I would love to connect with him as well to ask some questions and also give another buyers perspective.
I am grateful that there is a group of people here affected by this awful builder as I feel this will be a great resource should we need to take a class action against them.

I plan on connecting with a lawyer as well and will be happy to share information here once I do.
Also, after asking around, someone I know who works as a developer for another builder has mentioned that in these cases it wouldn’t be a surprise if the builder reaches out with an amendment to the original contract where we have to pay the new list price to continue with this purchase (but this can only happen, apparently, if the cost of the build surpasses a certain percentage of the amount they originally sold it for).

Finally, I know of 2 trades companies, personally, who had dealings with vandyk and had to take them to court because they failed to pay them… just more confirmation to the claims that they are having issues paying their trades….
Here is the contact info of Shane dingman..
sdingman@globeandmail.com or 416 585 5230

Hey everyone!
I want to thank you all for all the legwork you have done and the time you all spent digging into this disaster if a situation. I am truly concerned and I’m feeling pessimistic about the future of this project… I was wondering if anyone who connected with Globe and Mail has the contact info for the reporter you spoke to. I would love to connect with him as well to ask some questions and also give another buyers perspective.
I am grateful that there is a group of people here affected by this awful builder as I feel this will be a great resource should we need to take a class action against them.

I plan on connecting with a lawyer as well and will be happy to share information here once I do.
Also, after asking around, someone I know who works as a developer for another builder has mentioned that in these cases it wouldn’t be a surprise if the builder reaches out with an amendment to the original contract where we have to pay the new list price to continue with this purchase (but this can only happen, apparently, if the cost of the build surpasses a certain percentage of the amount they originally sold it for).

Finally, I know of 2 trades companies, personally, who had dealings with vandyk and had to take them to court because they failed to pay them… just more confirmation to the claims that they are having issues paying their trades….
If they go for amendment hopefully they would give me chance to get out of contract. I’m not sure if I could trust VanDick if the price was amended for current prices and dates were amended for another 5 years.

If they go for amendment hopefully they would give me chance to get out of contract. I’m not sure if I could trust VanDick if the price was amended for current prices and dates were amended for another 5 years.
Yes, they would have to give you the choice to continue or get your deposit back.i definitely taking cash back with interest.

This doesn’t look promising. Domenic has started to ignore calls, said he would call back. When he finally picked up he told me to send an email?!

Pretty sad they can come at us with an amendment for all their mistakes…he should just throw in the towel
Exactly! Like for how long do we have to wait to get an answer. There are people currently renting and waiting for their house to get built. Such a lost of investment and time 😠

Exactly! Like for how long do we have to wait to get an answer. There are people currently renting and waiting for their house to get built. Such a lost of investment and time 😠
They would have to wait until the last outside date past Apr2025, or they can make an amendment earlier plus they would want us sign a waiver not to sue them and probable get our deposits back

They would have to wait until the last outside date past Apr2025, or they can make an amendment earlier plus they would want us sign a waiver not to sue them and probable get our deposits back

2025 !!! Dam! So to get out money back we have promise not to sue?

Received a message from CBC reporter too Cameron Mahler to call him tomorrow..Looks like all the news Media getting involved? did somone contact the CBC too?
cbc.PNG

Received a message from CBC reporter too Cameron Mahler to call him tomorrow..Looks like all the news Media getting involved? did somone contact the CBC too?
View attachment 513488

By helping the media in their endeavours, what do buyers get in return? Is it just a waste of time for us? I don’t see what I will get in return tbh, will it change the outcome in any way?

By helping the media in their endeavours, what do buyers get in return? Is it just a waste of time for us? I don’t see what I will get in return tbh, will it change the outcome in any way?
Possible screw up Vandyk? Or Vandyk could come clean with their intention ? Who knows

Possible screw up Vandyk?
We don’t know anything. We are all speculating.

These media companies aren’t even being transparent with their sources and eBay they know.

How do we know that Vandyk isn’t trying to make it work, and that this media effect makes it impossible to do so? What if by helping the media, we hurt ourselves, and remove all chance we have of completing the project?

If Vandyk is going down, they’ll go down regardless. Negative PR will only make that an inevitability and certainly screw our chances.

Back