Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

I wish I can just sell it off for something good and walk away.

There was a time (before ~2006) when pre-construction was cheaper than resale because it came with non-trivial risks. Now new development customers both pay more and take on some risk all so they can have a place that spews dust when you step in the corners (trades almost never vacuum before putting down the floor).

Last edited:
hmm. Vandyk also needs to approve the assignment sale. I don't think, they would approve it, as they are planning for final phase of sale in near future.

Visited today, looks like they’re starting to really dig into the parking garage.. more retaining walls were up, big excavator moving lots of dirt! Hopefully we’re barbecuing on our balconies/patios by mid-2023 (lmao… it hurt to write this, the sarcasm is pain)

Visited today, looks like they’re starting to really dig into the parking garage.. more retaining walls were up, big excavator moving lots of dirt! Hopefully we’re barbecuing on our balconies/patios by mid-2023 (lmao… it hurt to write this, the sarcasm is pain)
cool. Thanks for the update. lets hope for summer 2023.

I dont think Vandyk will screw up, they have a good track record , i did some research before buying, so lets hope all goes well.. Got an update email today too..
Anyone pass the site lately? Fotos? I am still overseas will. be back end of march.. Another idea one day we should all meet up for coffee o something whoever on this thread!!

Hello, new to this thread. I’ll be driving by sometime next week, I’ll get a picture. Can’t wait for this to be complete. I was one of the few people who lost my unit in 2020 (I think that’s when it happened) due to them needed my space to extend the parking garage ramp. They were able to find me a replacement unit.

Hello, new to this thread. I’ll be driving by sometime next week, I’ll get a picture. Can’t wait for this to be complete. I was one of the few people who lost my unit in 2020 (I think that’s when it happened) due to them needed my space to extend the parking garage ramp. They were able to find me a replacement unit.
Welcome to the thread! there are a few of us here monitoring the construction , i did not know people lost their units? Hope they compensate you well!! yes it's a pain just waiting for this end..

Welcome to the thread! there are a few of us here monitoring the construction , i did not know people lost their units? Hope they compensate you well!! yes it's a pain just waiting for this end..
No, wasn’t compensated in that way. They at first wanted to give me back my deposit (as a favour to me, they mentioned they weren’t obligated to do so). Eventually they switched me to another unit.

Thank you, so glad I found this.

No, wasn’t compensated in that way. They at first wanted to give me back my deposit (as a favour to me, they mentioned they weren’t obligated to do so). Eventually they switched me to another unit.

Wow i did not know that.. Well good all worked out

What do you mean by ‘they weren’t obligated to do so’? How even? Lmao… do you mean they were going to pay you back your deposit and assign you a new unit? Or just not give you your deposit back and send you on your way with nothing?

The more I learn about VANDYK, the more I hate them.

This ‘final phase’ they’ve been advertising for was supposed to be released last fall.. it’s nearly spring, and the landing to Iloveuptowns still says coming soon. This is too much. Fall 2023 will mark 6 years since I put my deposit in.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by ‘they weren’t obligated to do so’? How even? Lmao… do you mean they were going to pay you back your deposit and assign you a new unit? Or just not give you your deposit back and send you on your way with nothing?

The more I learn about VANDYK, the more I hate them.

This ‘final phase’ they’ve been advertising for was supposed to be released last fall.. it’s nearly spring, and the landing to Iloveuptowns still says coming soon. This is too much. Fall 2023 will mark 6 years since I put my deposit in.
Let's hope Vandyk would deliver before 2023 fall. did you get a chance to pass by? are there any construction activity going on?

Let's hope Vandyk would deliver before 2023 fall. did you get a chance to pass by? are there any construction activity going on?
Haven’t been by in a quick minute, as soon as it warms up a touch! Hoping @Sigh101 hasn’t already forgotten about us and can update us! 🤞

Back