Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

I talk to CBC today. I shared my experience with them. There is nothing wrong with flippers, greedy investors, normal investors, renters and First time home buyers. Everyone took their own level of risk with their hard earned money. But some people like Vandyk is exploiting those people using the loop holes in the rules and regulations.

@jbaa1 with all due respect, I felt like you are talking like someone in Vandyk Payroll. But that's fine. I respect your stand. Everyone is different.
Please use this thread in more productive manner instead of arguing between us.
I have seen many articles online about home buyers and investors buying projects. Situations ranging from cancelled project or increased pricing, and buyers looking for empathy.

Every time, empathy wasn’t built. Comments were full of negativity. It wasn’t productive. This is all I’m saying. Majority cannot even relate to investing in a precon. Trying to get empathy from the public is the same as trying to get empathy from Vandyk.

You view it as arguing. I view it as sharing my thoughts and opinions. Just because it’s opposite of yours, it doesn’t mean I’m trying to argue.

I have seen many articles online about home buyers and investors buying projects. Situations ranging from cancelled project or increased pricing, and buyers looking for empathy.

Every time, empathy wasn’t built. Comments were full of negativity. It wasn’t productive. This is all I’m saying. Majority cannot even relate to investing in a precon. Trying to get empathy from the public is the same as trying to get empathy from Vandyk.

You view it as arguing. I view it as sharing my thoughts and opinions. Just because it’s opposite of yours, it doesn’t mean I’m trying to argue.
I understand your feeling. We are all in the same boat. Now our objective is not to get empathy from public or Vandyk. I won't be helpful at all. Our next step would be to get our down payment with some interest. We have lost so much opportunity cost already. Atleast we need to expose true face of Vandyk to the public.

For eg: if someone stole from your house, you would n't report them them to police, would you? Like that Vandyk is stealing from us in the broad day light, we need to expose them. It is not about getting empathy. Empathy doesn't help any one.

I understand your feeling. We are all in the same boat. Now our objective is not to get empathy from public or Vandyk. I won't be helpful at all. Our next step would be to get our down payment with some interest. We have lost so much opportunity cost already. Atleast we need to expose true face of Vandyk to the public.

For eg: if someone stole from your house, you would n't report them them to police, would you? Like that Vandyk is stealing from us in the broad day light, we need to expose them. It is not about getting empathy. Empathy doesn't help any one.

True. Very much agree.

Did CBC provide info regarding what is happening, if they will cancel projects, if going bankrupt?

Reactions: Fra

My thinking too.. don’t give a Fu@£ about public comments, empathy etc..need a straight answer about this dead project and my deposits!!! Screw Vandyk they don’t give a shit about our comments etc they just like ripping peps off their cash!!

True. Very much agree.

Did CBC provide info regarding what is happening, if they will cancel projects, if going bankrupt?
Nope. But I have hope our deposits would be safe. As they could not access it before delivery. Now the question is when we would get that back?

Last edited:
I have requested them if they could dig deeper on following. Let's wait and see, if we get some answers.

1. With so much problem in the development site, how could they get permit to build on the site?
2. I am following their other online threads as well. It seems like their Grand central Mimico and Lakeview DXE club are on hold.
3. Also I am not sure, but my guess total valuation of project would not be more than $200 million (Around 340 houses. on an average they would have sold each house for $550K. Total costs come around $200 million). How could they get mortgage for $267 million?

I have requested them if they could dig deeper on following. Let's wait and see, if we get some answers.

1. With so much problem in the development site, how could they get permit to build on the site?
2. I am following their other online threads as well. It seems like their Grand central Mimico and Lakeview DXE club are on hold.
3. Also I am not sure, but my guess total valuation of project would not be more than $200 million (Around 340 houses. on an average they would have sold each house for $550K. Total costs come around $200 million). How could they get mortgage for $267 million?
I’m surprised Dom said the exact same things he said to me, to CBC. I was expecting either no comment or something different.

Phase 3/4 units were sold almost double the prices of avg $550k last 2021/2022 and all sold out.. 1 bed was $509K have the price list somewhere have to check ..

I’m surprised Dom said the exact same things he said to me, to CBC. I was expecting either no comment or something different.
That is the problem here. Builders are having upper hand . It seems like they are not obliged to answer anything till their critcal dates. And after that they would blame this 'Global Circumstances' and cancel the project. Even if it would be due to these Global circumstances, why didnt they start construction sooner i.e. before covid 2020, their initial promised date was Dec 2020. It shows they dont have any commitment or responsibility to complete the project? It seems, there are lot of shady things behind this project and Vandyk properties. Because I checked the status of Grand central Mimico and Lakeview DXE club, both seems dead. probably we would read news about those in a year or so.

Last edited:
Phase 3/4 units were sold almost double the prices of avg $550k last 2021/2022 and all sold out.. 1 bed was $509K have the price list somewhere have to check ..
But they released only few units for phase 3/4. I have enrolled for those phases, just to check. It seems like they sold only around 30 to 50 units. But they might hold the units just to create demand, only God and Vandyk know.

But they released only few units for phase 3/4. I have enrolled for those phases, just to check. It seems like they sold only around 30 to 50 units. But they might hold the units just to create demand, only God and Vandyk kno
IMG_0239.jpeg

Back