Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

Just got an email from SR law titled “ INCOME TAX ACT - TRUST REPORTING INFORMATION RELATING TO DEPOSITs”

anyone else got this?
Yes we got this email, I don’t necessarily understand what happens tax wise if we do/or don’t follow up with their email.

Can anyone explain in simple terms?

Yes we got this email, I don’t necessarily understand what happens tax wise if we do/or don’t follow up with their email.

Can anyone explain in simple terms?
If they return your deposits with interest which will produce a T5 for that year and will need to report as Income received T5 when you file taxes for that year.

If they return your deposits with interest which will produce a T5 for that year and will need to report as Income received T5 when you file taxes for that year.
Is there a chance KSV will offer a settlement amount for equity lost?

Or we will definitely have to sue for this?

Is there a chance KSV will offer a settlement amount for equity lost?

Or we will definitely have to sue for this?
lol.. i doubt.. we will have to sue.. new document posted today Mar08.. for home buyers.. Court approved sale of all properties and to go on sale next few days,, except Uptowns and DXE Projects, the Receiver continues to consider and assessavailable options.

Last edited:
Interesting cases but I don’t think they relate to the issue here, both scenarios dont have the developer in receivership.

In one case the same developer cancelled contracts rebranded the project and sold for higher prices. unfortunately a receiver has broad rights to make decisions like (to sell a property) this under the BIA (with court approval).

Edit: the BC cases someone posted and I was referencing have since been removed

Last edited:
Can we all please arrange to meet in other to discuss our options and the best way forward. We need to work collectively.

Back