Toronto Union Subway Station: Second Platform and Concourse Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC | IBI Group

I like the idea but looking at those photos it does look disappointing, however I will reserve full judgement until I see it completed. For a city that is rather grey looking for 5-6 months of the year a little colour would go a long way.

Well I do see there is some colour in the overall design so maybe they'll finish it off with some pop that will make it work...or not :) I think the drawings are very representative of your typical visual artist these days, with most Art schools cranking out graduates who don't know how to draw very well... dumpster diving is deemed a more useful skill these days.

Well I do see there is some colour in the overall design so maybe they'll finish it off with some pop that will make it work...or not :) I think the drawings are very representative of your typical visual artist these days, with most Art schools cranking out graduates who don't know how to draw very well... dumpster diving is deemed a more useful skill these days.

If nothing else the glass artwork does a great job of reflecting those Manulife ads plastered all over the new platform walls.

Agreed. Something depicting the historical significance of Union Station would be nice. Maybe some paintings of the old station(s), etc.

Gawd no, don't get all Hallmark-y on public art please (as if that statue on the front plaza isn't bad enough). The piece worked well for what it is - adding colour and visual interest.

AoD

Last edited:
If only they had tried.

If only they had tried? You must not have seen the Sheppard Subway or Line 2. Union is definitely the TTC putting in an effort.

Sheppard Subway (The Bessarion):
bessarion_westbound.jpg

Bathurst Station (almost every station on Line 2 has the same public washroom inspired "design"):

Back