Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

The other night I was standing outside admiring the Union Station public spaces and wondering, wondering what might be the fate of the construction site look to the area? I know it's been discussed previously, but is there any update to the replacement of the current concrete ugliness littering the area? You hate to jump on the city just out of habit, but seriously, this has been how many years now?

The other night I was standing outside admiring the Union Station public spaces and wondering, wondering what might be the fate of the construction site look to the area? I know it's been discussed previously, but is there any update to the replacement of the current concrete ugliness littering the area? You hate to jump on the city just out of habit, but seriously, this has been how many years now?
Last word from the Councillor was that it would be done in 2023. With the current, and totally predictable, budget problems, I am not holding my breath. That said, it's a disgrace!

RM's video mentioned a truck tunnel that couldn't be removed. I didn't understand RM's explanation for how they are going to work around it - anyone have any insight about this?

RM's video mentioned a truck tunnel that couldn't be removed. I didn't understand RM's explanation for how they are going to work around it - anyone have any insight about this?
Work is required to enable the continued function of the Truck Tunnel, which serves the Loading Dock for Union Station, and other stakeholders, which will remain operational during entire construction period. The tunnel has surplus headroom clearance, so the intent is to reduce the height of the tunnel and allow for an introduction of the New Concourse with an uninterrupted East – West passenger/pedestrian movement between York Street and Bay Street by including structural beams, and precast double tees to support the weight of trains and platforms.

Will ONxpress take over Union expansion or will that remain directly under Metrolinx?

I hope once RERification work is over, GO can modernize some of its design language starting with its industrial looking logo. Metrolinx's logo looks much more modern by comparison, also the one before the current version was good looking.

Will ONxpress take over Union expansion or will that remain directly under Metrolinx?

I hope once RERification work is over, GO can modernize some of its design language starting with its industrial looking logo. Metrolinx's logo looks much more modern by comparison, also the one before the current version was good looking.
GO Expansion will redo the platforms in the entire trainshed widening them and removing a bunch.

The usep is specifically for 24-27
MX might start using the "T" logo soon

T logo where?
I remember this one specifically https://www.infrastructureontario.c...corridor-infrastructure-improvements-project/
1681124646132.png

The construction staging elements are now heritage elements.

That's not a new GO Transit logo, it's a logo to identify transit stations.

True, but still a terrible idea; just one more piece of iconography, completely unnecessary at best, confusing at worst.

If you 'need' transit to get somewhere, you generally need a specific agency/route, any transit is not the right transit for you. The agency specific logos are sufficient.

True, but still a terrible idea; just one more piece of iconography, completely unnecessary at best, confusing at worst.

If you 'need' transit to get somewhere, you generally need a specific agency/route, any transit is not the right transit for you. The agency specific logos are sufficient.
and MAYBE a pictogram!

Back