Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

It was. You would have in theory got a ticket from the wicket and they would have called you a taxi.
You probably have a lot of VHS rail tapes. If you have the one “Toronto Trains and Towers”, it contains video of the station as it was about 1994. The Great Hall, Via waiting area(the lighting then looks better than the new ones that are hard on my eyes).Generally,Via area looks the same as now. I’ve always hated the “bathroom tiles” on the walls and pillars.
The train shed looks much better now than then. Then there’s the awful looking GO Station and it’s Colour. Can’t wait for the new Bay Stn. to open.
As for the 3 control towers,they show the operations and track levers how the rail diverters work.
Are these towers out of service now and track digitally controlled elsewhere?
A friend of mine gave me about 40 VHS Tapes his father collected over the years at CPR.He gave them to me not wanting them. I bought an Elgato VHS to USB Converter and digitally converted most of them to MPG-4 videos. I can load a lot on a 128gb stick and plug it into my smart tv USB Slot. It plays as well or better the original recording.

Is the Bay Concourse still going to open in September 2020 or are they gonna use this Coronavirus as an excuse to delay it even further?

Is the Bay Concourse still going to open in September 2020 or are they gonna use this Coronavirus as an excuse to delay it even further?
They are working away on it as transportation projects are exempt from the freeze. That's not to say it will not be delayed (social distancing etc may have an effect) but it is looking pretty good to me and they look just about ready to open the north south link through the Bay side from the TTC doors right through to the Scotia Bank Arena. (You can see right through now if you go to SBA side and it has signage etc.)

You probably have a lot of VHS rail tapes. If you have the one “Toronto Trains and Towers”, it contains video of the station as it was about 1994. The Great Hall, Via waiting area(the lighting then looks better than the new ones that are hard on my eyes).Generally,Via area looks the same as now. I’ve always hated the “bathroom tiles” on the walls and pillars.
The train shed looks much better now than then. Then there’s the awful looking GO Station and it’s Colour. Can’t wait for the new Bay Stn. to open.
As for the 3 control towers,they show the operations and track levers how the rail diverters work.
Are these towers out of service now and track digitally controlled elsewhere?
A friend of mine gave me about 40 VHS Tapes his father collected over the years at CPR.He gave them to me not wanting them. I bought an Elgato VHS to USB Converter and digitally converted most of them to MPG-4 videos. I can load a lot on a 128gb stick and plug it into my smart tv USB Slot. It plays as well or better the original recording.

Is this a clip from that VHS tape you mentioned?

Being decommissioned shortly I believe. @smallspy back to you!

Still in use at this point. They are supposed to be cut over in stages over the course of the next year and a half or so, starting with Cherry Street this fall.

This is also dependent, of course, on the new control centre being ready.

Dan

That video was a Rail Innovations production (I used to do all the VHS dubbing for them in a former life). Likely a copyright violation, and it's not my account, but the entire video "Toronto Union Station Trains and Towers" is on YouTube here:

The operation of the interlocking is explained fully.

Noticed when I was walking through Union that the exit at the east end of the Great Hall is closed again.

IIRC they closed it not too long ago to renovate it but now it has hoarding around it as though they are doing work.

This wasn't like this on Friday last week and I don't recall any advance notice. Anyone know what's up?

20200507_002719.jpg

Anyone know if they completed the tiling on the East Moat (between TTC and Bay entrance)?
Almost all done last week, they were grouting the new tiles and doing something so that all the TTC doors would open smoothly when I was there on Friday. Still work to do on the stairs going to Bay and, of course, stairs to the 'tunnel' still blocked off.

Back