Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

What does all this have to do with union station
Unless they are replaced soon, the jersey barrier is the new logo of Union Station Revitalization -- there's quite a few on Union Station property.

Coming to the Union Station Gift Shop: toy Jersey Barrier models with Union Station logos stamped on them!

Unless they are replaced soon, the jersey barrier is the new logo of Union Station Revitalization -- there's quite a few on Union Station property.

Coming to the Union Station Gift Shop: toy Jersey Barrier models with Union Station logos stamped on them!

It would be great as a stocking stuffer.

The humble jersey barrier is also a mudane symbol of construction.. So it's no coincidence that many tourists (unfamiliar with backstory) think the barriers are at Union for construction related reasons. The idea of a Union-logoed jersey barrier is a whimsical nod to the "seemingly-neverending" costruction.

Last edited:
Anti-hostile-auto-intrusion measures is now as much a part of the design for all public spaces as fire exits, sprinkler systems, accessibility, and public washrooms. That’s just how life is this decade. If this isn’t in the building codes yet, it soon will be.
Jersey barriers are to auto exclusion as pit toilets are to sanitation - they work, but not an appealing solution. Union Station can do better.

- Paul

Last edited:
I don't know about you, but these concrete barriers soon to be replaced with bollards sure look like they fit the definition. Absolutely useless waste of money meant to be for show rather than to achieve any useful purpose.

Jersey barriers and bollards are effective at preventing mass casualties from impulse terrorism by the easiest method possible, i.e. own/rent/steal a vehicle. Sure they do nothing against bombs and guns, but acquisition of those is more difficult and requires some amount of premeditation. An area where traditional police work tends to be more effective than physical measures.

Too a peak into Bay concourse, might just be me but looks like they are starting to clean up the floor area. The roof still looks like it has a lot to do but thats good progress i guess!

The new door between Union Station 24/25 and 25 York was finally fully bricked in yesterday night.

Too a peak into Bay concourse, might just be me but looks like they are starting to clean up the floor area. The roof still looks like it has a lot to do but thats good progress i guess!

They cleaned up a lot of the floor stuff over the past week.

They cleaned up a lot of the floor stuff over the past week.

The new door between Union Station 24/25 and 25 York was finally fulled bricked in yesterday night.

Anyone here know when the actual door will be installed, access sealed off and the ramp imploded?

According to Wikipedia: Nanny state is a conservative term of British origin that conveys a view that a government or its policies are overprotective or interfering unduly with personal choice. The term "nanny state" likens government to the role that a nanny has in child rearing.

I don't know about you, but these concrete barriers soon to be replaced with bollards sure look like they fit the definition. Absolutely useless waste of money meant to be for show rather than to achieve any useful purpose. It's like wrapping a baby crib in yellow caution tape - very visible but what does it achieve at the end of the day?
So does driving on the right side of the road.
"I hate the Queen, she makes me go to school"

Taken some pictures of the bay concourse through some cracks in hoarding how does this look?
E2CC653F-3B16-49C7-9540-5B56D28BD791.jpeg
E2F9582F-FBA2-41F2-AA1B-55BC7F20341C.jpeg
FF219624-7F71-4817-9ACB-08D0E3FFEDAB.jpeg

Taken some pictures of the bay concourse through some cracks in hoarding how does this look?
View attachment 167630

Excellent picture. This last one shows quite a bit of detail. Lower right of frame you can see a completed stairway leading up to the promenade level sandwiched between two escalator pits. You can also see completed cladding on a few rows of columns. And if you look carefully at the ceiling you can see completed ceilings over the stairs/escalators. (Edit. It also looks like the terrazzo floor is already done within the area surrounded by red tape.)

The concentration of completed elements along this specific line lead me to believe a new pedestrian corridor will open along this route fairly soon. It would be linking the promenade to the TTC moat while construction and fit-out work progresses on the leather shop bypass area and the new Bay concourse proper.

If I had to wager, I would hedge that this “new bypass” corridor opens to handle the main GO-to-TTC traffic before the alternative primary connection opens on the lower retail level (linking Bay, Union Square, and York food court).

FDC8E3E0-ABC1-47AF-A026-E693C47AD675.jpeg

E15CF941-DF13-4EAD-A265-3B61AFC4DA0D.jpeg

Last edited:
Excellent picture. This last one shows quite a bit of detail. Lower right of frame you can see a completed stairway leading up to the promenade level sandwiched between two escalator pits. You can also see completed cladding on a few rows of columns. And if you look carefully at the ceiling you can see completed ceilings over the stairs/escalators. (Edit. It also looks like the terazzo floor is already done within the area surrounded by red tape.)

The concentration of completed elements along this specific line lead me to believe a new pedestrian corridor will open along this route fairly soon. It would be linking the promenade to the TTC moat while construction and fit-out work progresses on the leather shop bypass area and the new Bay concourse proper.

If I had to wager, I would hedge that this “new bypass” corridor opens to handle the main GO-to-TTC traffic before the alternative primary connection opens on the lower retail level (linking Bay, Union Square, and York food court).

View attachment 167693

View attachment 167692
I just noticed the taped off area on the floor I think that could be proper flooring

Back