Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Speaking of the Bypass, does anyone know if the leather shop that resided there ever set up shop elsewhere?

Oh, and y'all heard that the old Bay corridor reopened? By Monday aft, I believe.

Refresh my memory; where were there stairs (before the temporary ones, which I do recall)...?

The temporary ones are the ones I'm referring to. If they were left in place while the Bay Concourse is under construction it would have meant direct access to front street and the great hall.

Speaking of the Bypass, does anyone know if the leather shop that resided there ever set up shop elsewhere?

Oh, and y'all heard that the old Bay corridor reopened? By Monday aft, I believe.

I doubt it. Like many of the shops there they were one off tourist shops designed for travellers who forgot something. It wouldn't have survived elsewhere.

upload_2016-6-9_16-12-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-9_16-12-10.png
    upload_2016-6-9_16-12-10.png
    824.3 KB · Views: 1,763

Ooh, that answers a question I've had. Namely when the heck is the lower retail level going to open?
Stage 1 remaining construction to be completed by Q3 2016, including Retail Concourse beneath York and VIA Concourses. Retail areas will be released to the Head Lessee as they are completed and ready for occupancy by tenants. Some retail operations are expected to open by Q1 2017.
Substantial Completion of Stage 2/3 expected in January 2018 (excluding York and Bay Street moat covers; early 2018), which includes the restoration of the Bay Concourse, VIA Concourse, Great Hall, remaining retail areas and East Wing exterior façade.

Back