Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Or people could just learn how to post images properly :)
You are correct.

Where every these photos are store on, they should show up correct and display correctly in all browsers. If they are not correct on the host, they will display as shown above. Depending on the host, the photos can be rotated correctly.

You have to make sure it correct on your end before uploading to the host. You can rotate them on your end to make sure it is correct when uploading. Your camera should be able to rotate the photo to your computer, but in some cases it gets rotated during the transferring between camera and computer.

MS window explorer allows you to rotate your photos.

For some reason, my last batch of photos got rotated during transferring that I had to rotate them either with my software or explorer. They stay in the correct position when I uploaded them to my Flickr site. Only seen the rare one get rotated when it display on the site, but I have the ability to rotate the way it should display in the first place.

The owner of those photos can go into their storage area and rotate them. They will show up correct on this board without having to make any changes to them here.

Here's an overhead shot from the weekend. Notice how busy it is for a Sunday - workers everywhere from the roof to the pit.

IMG_1445.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 676
Here's an overhead shot from the weekend. Notice how busy it is for a Sunday - workers everywhere from the roof to the pit.
It's a multi-year construction project. If they were to work every Sunday, they'd be paying some pretty hefty overtime. It's cheaper for the work to take longer, with perhaps the occasional burst of activity if there's a critical deadline and good weather.

It's a multi-year construction project. If they were to work every Sunday, they'd be paying some pretty hefty overtime. It's cheaper for the work to take longer, with perhaps the occasional burst of activity if there's a critical deadline and good weather.

I wasn't being sarcastic - it's a bit hard to see but there are at least 20 workers in that photo. A bunch are on the roof and the rest are at ground level.

Whoo! Can't wait to see what they've done with the York concourse. It's a preview of what will also happen to the Bay concourse, too.

Critical deadline would be Metrolinx handover which is in the next two weeks.
I thought that was just the York concourse, which wouldn't have much work visible from the outside. They are giving over the entire thing?

Though a weekend of temperatures above freezing might well be a rare enough event to justify overtime!

It's possible they're simultaneously preparing for the (...shudder...) complete shutdown of the Bay concourse in early 2015.

They're planning to completely gut the entire Bay concourse, once the gleaming new York concourse opens... It's a teardown reno, baby!

Cue the nightmare of temporary rerouting of lost and bewildered commuters/pedestrians

It's possible they're simultaneously preparing for the (...shudder...) complete shutdown of the Bay concourse in early 2015.

They're planning to completely gut the entire Bay concourse, once the gleaming new York concourse opens... It's a teardown reno, baby!

Cue the nightmare of temporary rerouting of lost and bewildered commuters/pedestrians

I can't wait. Bring it on.

The north sidewalk of Front from York to just past the Royal York pedestrian entrance is now finished and open and the section from the pedestrian entrance to the vehicle one is open on concrete. They are clearly trying to finish off the section of Front from York to Bay ASAP - lots of work going on today.

my understanding is that most will be routed through the VIA concourse and the area under the main groundlevel entrance where the TTC accessible ramp is today. There will be a few weeks with both concourses open to allow people to adjust to the new concourse, and then the old one will close and people will be sent over to the new one while the old one gets replaced. Overall expect a bit of a bottleneck by the TTC entrance (probably no worse than what exists today), and a lot more people walking above ground to avoid it.

Its not just a reno, its a complete replacement. They are ripping the space down to the support pillars.

my understanding is that most will be routed through the VIA concourse. They are ripping the space down to the support pillars.

I say rip out the support pillars too. Everything must go.

This will be the first time most commuters will have ever seen the VIA concourse.

thing is, the support pillars sort of support stuff. Like, you know, the train tracks. Take the support pillars, down come the train tracks and all GO service with it.

Back