Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Surprised nobody’s noticed or talked about it yet, a brand new wayfinding standard is being rolled out across the entire station.

The new wayfinding has directional arrows for each destination instead of grouping all the destinations together and having one arrow pointing in the direction of all of them:
View attachment 604005

This specific sign hasn’t been changed yet, but here is the first and second wayfinding standard Union Station had for a comparison to the new one:View attachment 604006View attachment 604007

I am noticing a loss of information in some of the new signs, VIA and UP are omitted from this one above the escalators leading from the Bay Concourse to the retail level and TTC station, as well as the elevator now pointing in the incorrect direction (longer route):View attachment 604011View attachment 604012

The beacons in the Great Hall have also been updated, no longer showing specific platform numbers but other stuff that can be accessed through and in the concourses as well. The logos for the rail companies have also had a white background added to them:View attachment 604014
Much improved but the signage for accessible path from TTC to VIA is incredibly bad. You can hardly see the signage to the elevator from the retail level up to lower level. And even worse after that to the street level.

IMG_6664.jpeg
IMG_6663.jpeg

Thank you!!! This honestly might be the only photo of the leather shop (Leather One) on the internet 🤣. I spent several hour scouring the web for one and was not able to find one.

This confirms the map I posted earlier of where all the stores in the area were located.
What year was this? $6 for a medium pizza is mind boggling in the year 2024...

Back