Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Checked it out yesterday after work around 5pm. It was 3/4 full and fairly bright for being nowhere near natural light. The DJ was an interesting touch. Loved all of the moving screens for the Food vendors and the washrooms were quite nice.
I just imagined it to be a larger space than what it turned out to be, but it fills a demand and will get larger into the Bay portion eventually. It's a welcome addition, though it should've been finished much earlier.

Checked it out yesterday after work around 5pm. It was 3/4 full and fairly bright for being nowhere near natural light. The DJ was an interesting touch. Loved all of the moving screens for the Food vendors and the washrooms were quite nice.
I just imagined it to be a larger space than what it turned out to be, but it fills a demand and will get larger into the Bay portion eventually. It's a welcome addition, though it should've been finished much earlier.
Union's new basement is only roughly 1/3 open now. I'm anxious to see what's happening underneath VIA and underneath Bay.

Union's new basement is only roughly 1/3 open now. I'm anxious to see what's happening underneath VIA and underneath Bay.
The unwritten story is that they discovered colonies of Lizard People living there.
12 Million Americans Believe Lizard People Run Our Country
And now Trump is looking to build a wall to keep them in Canada. I saw it on Faux News. Whatever, Trump's left it with Doug Ford to figure out, which is why Ford is going to upload Onion Station along with the subway. He has to control their movements.

The unwritten story is that they discovered colonies of Lizard People living there.
12 Million Americans Believe Lizard People Run Our Country
And now Trump is looking to build a wall to keep them in Canada. I saw it on Faux News. Whatever, Trump's left it with Doug Ford to figure out, which is why Ford is going to upload Onion Station along with the subway. He has to control their movements.

Who knows.. maybe they found the Knapp Roller Boat and are hiding it from the public. ?

Who knows.. maybe they found the Knapp Roller Boat and are hiding it from the public. ?
That's their command ship! Phew...you're onto this...
The Roller Boat finally vanished in 1933 when it was buried near Frederick Street by infill used to create the Union Station railway viaduct. According to recent archaeological surveys, the skeleton is likely still down there, waiting to be rediscovered.

“It has been the cause of more speculation, litigation, curiosity and caustic humour than any other vessel afloat on the Great Lakes,” eulogized the Globe in 1922.
https://torontoist.com/2016/04/historicist-knapps-roller-boat/

Tell no-one until we alert the proper authorities!

How far away from completion in comparison to the York concourse would it be now maybe 10-11 months as of the day those pictures were taken
The area is roughed out by Bondfield and then handed to Metrolinx for their fitting out. Bondfield seem to be working a bit more recently but they do still have work to do and then, presumably, Metrolinx will need to tender the finishing out (unless it already has). I doubt it will open much before Septrember 2019 but ....

20181203_122757.jpg
20181203_122757.jpg
20181203_122803.jpg
20181203_122814.jpg

The area is roughed out by Bondfield and then handed to Metrolinx for their fitting out. Bondfield seem to be working a bit more recently but they do still have work to do and then, presumably, Metrolinx will need to tender the finishing out (unless it already has). I doubt it will open much before Septrember 2019 but ....
We need updated pictures of inside the concourse to see how much has changed before we can theorize when it will open

We need updated pictures of inside the concourse to see how much has changed before we can theorize when it will open

The pictures will come when they come just relax. With all due respect I would stop obsessing over the station, the interior and the pictures before someone begins to get concerned. It is a known fact that TPTB watch these forums and people have been slapped with trespass orders before.

Back