Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Seems very small for a food court in the country’s largest transit hub. The Eaton Centre food court is always slammed to capacity and it’s three time the size of this one.

Is there room for it to expand as more of the station is finished? Is there an extension of this foodcourt into the upcoming Bay concourse?

Seems very small for a food court in the country’s largest transit hub. The Eaton Centre food court is always slammed to capacity and it’s three time the size of this one.

Is there room for it to expand as more of the station is finished? Is there an extension of this foodcourt into the upcoming Bay concourse?

No extension to the food court. What we see is what we get. There will be a "fresh market" in the centre, but that'll be a while.

Once the full pathway is open to the Bay Concourse, you'll get a mix of retail and another restaurant at the Southeast corner of the lower level of the Bay Concourse.

When you say “another restaurant”, do you mean another foodcourt in the Bay Concourse? Because that would help spread out the supply of casual places to eat. It doesn’t necessarily have to be one big foodcourt, just enough capacity overall to satiate demand.

I think it will feel sufficiently roomy once all restaurants and Market opens up.

More than half of food seating seems to not be food court seating.

When you say “another restaurant”, do you mean another foodcourt in the Bay Concourse? Because that would help spread out the supply of casual places to eat. It doesn’t necessarily have to be one big foodcourt, just enough capacity overall to satiate demand.

Another restaurant meaning an unidentified tenant at the moment, similarly like WRVST, Amano, or UNION Chicken...

I don't know if this has been answered yet but what will the food court operation hours be? I just had a meander over to the website for New York's Penn Station Pennsy Food Hall and Grand Central's Dining Concourse for a comparison, both list operation hours until 2am...I wish we were lucky enough to get something like that to coincide with last call for alcohol sales.

The new food court looks far too sterile to me, perhaps it's because I'm just used to eating at both Grand Central and Penn Station. It just reeks of corporatism, it's hard for me to describe...somewhere along the lines of cold, trendy and lacking that warm dining experience. Also wouldn't it be nice if we could pedestrianize Front St. W and have a beer garden in front of Union instead of vast grey empty space that's been partitioned up by Jersey barriers.

My 2¢

beer.jpg

Hurray! We can start eating Big Macs at Union and again soon!

I wonder if they'll keep the McCafe on the concourse level where it is in addition to the full service McDonalds downstairs in the foodcourt.

I have to say, the McCafe is convenient because my dog is allowed in the concourse level and I can order my food on the terminals outside the cafe and then its a short distance to pick up my order while my dog waits a few feet away. I doubt my dog will be allowed into the foodcourt (nor should she be, really).

Back