Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

I walked over to the the UPX bathroom at Union at lunch (FYI - It's the cleanest of the Union Station bathrooms), and it was nice to see the station busy, including the Balzac's. Dare I say it looked as busy mid-day as it did pre-COVID.

I wonder if the public notices warning of delays at Pearson could be enticing people to use UPX, i.e. to avoid unpredictable traffic to the airport?

Last edited:
Walk over the UPX bathroom at Union at lunch (FYI - It's the cleanest of the Union Station bathrooms), and it was nice to see the station busy, including the Balzac's. Dare I say it looked as busy mid-day as it did pre-COVID.

I wonder if the public notices warning of delays at Pearson could be enticing people to use UPX, i.e. to avoid unpredictable traffic to the airport?

The best deal in my opinion if picking someone up at the airport by car is to park for free at Weston GO, and pay for my guest take the UPX to Weston station. No hassle with the arrivals standing area, and way cheaper and more convenient than parking.

The best deal in my opinion if picking someone up at the airport by car is to park for free at Weston GO, and pay for my guest take the UPX to Weston station. No hassle with the arrivals standing area, and way cheaper and more convenient than parking.
Have you tried picking up your guest from the end of the Link people mover? You can wait at the Cell Phone lot, that the airpost seems to refuse to acknowledge even exists.

Have you tried picking up your guest from the end of the Link people mover? You can wait at the Cell Phone lot, that the airpost seems to refuse to acknowledge even exists.
For curbside pick up, the cell phone lot is the quickest way.
If however you want to be away from your car and/or be in the airport for the wait and greet, then it's better to park at Weston GO and take the UPX. Similarly, if you are coming from the west, you can park at carpool lot at transitway stations and take the airport buses.

If however you want to be away from your car and/or be in the airport for the wait and greet, then it's better to park at Weston GO and take the UPX. Similarly, if you are coming from the west, you can park at carpool lot at transitway stations and take the airport buses.
A meeter and greeter fare from Weston is 5.30, plus an extra 5.30 for the adult fare for whoever you're picking up. I'm pretty sure with that money you can just pay for like 40m in the parking garage.

A meeter and greeter fare from Weston is 5.30, plus an extra 5.30 for the adult fare for whoever you're picking up. I'm pretty sure with that money you can just pay for like 40m in the parking garage.
If you are certain you'll make it in 40min, then yes. The advantage of the UPX method is you can stay however long you want at the airport.

I get that dailyhive isn't a "real" news source but an odd article considering the whole social media post they reference was a paid #ad by Metrolinx. Not exactly shocking he had such a glowing review in his video as a result. And I say that as a big fan of the UP Express service generally.

I've done that several times. Unless the traveller has some particular need, I see no point in going in the terminal. I used to have a part-time gig as a out-of-town shuttle driver that sometimes had me hang around the terminals for an hour or two. I was often amazed at the chaos created by literally hundreds of people waiting to greet dozens of passengers. It unnecessarily adds to the crowds, parking and traffic.

Unless the traveller has some particular need, I see no point in going in the terminal. I used to have a part-time gig as a out-of-town shuttle driver that sometimes had me hang around the terminals for an hour or two. I was often amazed at the chaos created by literally hundreds of people waiting to greet dozens of passengers. It unnecessarily adds to the crowds, parking and traffic.

Lol, tell that to my wife. We attended a wedding in Newfoundland a few years back where I took two weeks off and drove there but she could only get one week off and flew. I waited outside the airport (cell lot?) for her to call once she'd picked up her bags, which took a lot longer than I expected based on her on-time arrival. When she did finally call she was right pissed off, as she'd been waiting inside for a romantic "Welcome to Newfoundland!" reunion hug. Oops.

Lol, tell that to my wife. We attended a wedding in Newfoundland a few years back where I took two weeks off and drove there but she could only get one week off and flew. I waited outside the airport (cell lot?) for her to call once she'd picked up her bags, which took a lot longer than I expected based on her on-time arrival. When she did finally call she was right pissed off, as she'd been waiting inside for a romantic "Welcome to Newfoundland!" reunion hug. Oops.
I used to work at Pearson as a customs official in the early 1990s back when they hired summer students, and I'd see these dozens of people greetings and sending off passengers and think to myself, why not say good bye at home?

I used to work at Pearson as a customs official in the early 1990s back when they hired summer students, and I'd see these dozens of people greetings and sending off passengers and think to myself, why not say good bye at home?
Because it maybe the last time ppl will be seen or talked to each other.

I do agree with you as it cause a lot of issues from within the terminal as well on the roads to/from the airport.

I saw a photo not long ago where we were at the airport to see my aunt and uncle going home to Red Deer and the last time I saw my uncle. It would be 2 decades before I saw my aunt again in Red Deer

Because it maybe the last time ppl will be seen or talked to each other.
I get that. In 2005 I visited my grandmother in England for the last time before she died. But I didn’t expect her to come to the airport with me, I said my goodbyes at her house and drove off. A departure and farewell or arrival and welcome can be just as loving at home, even more so than crowding about the airport.

Back